10

Blair's POV

It'd been a few days since Hayden and I had been going out. Things were going well. Sunday had come and it was time for us to go out for ice cream.

"Paige, don't tell Mom who we're going with." She nodded and we went to the living room.

Mom hadn't really talked to me since the night of my date with Hayden. She'd probably said three words to me a day, only because Paige was in the room. But Paige knew what was going on.

It hurt a little, but I wasn't giving up on this. She was being unreasonable.

"Mom and Dad, we're going to get ice cream." Paige said excitedly.

"Okay you two be careful and have fun." Dad said. Mom sat there awkwardly looking between the two of us then smiled.

I rolled my eyes and we left the house.

"Hayden's gonna pick us up when we're far enough from the house." She nodded.

"Do you really like her?"

"Yeah, she's awesome Paige. You'll see." Hayden drove up when we were down the street and she stopped. We got in and she smiled. She had on a Fall Out Boy t-shirt with jeans. She looked cute today... well she did everyday.

She kissed my cheek and winked at me. I rolled my eyes but smiled. "Hey babe." She said softly.

"Hey Paige, you ready to get some ice cream?"

"Yep!" She answered hopping in her seat. Hayden laughed and turned around to drive. She grabbed my hand and I grinned. She makes me so giddy.

"What's your favorite kind?"

"I like rocky road. Oh, and Oreo! What do you like?"

"I like Oreo too. You and I are best friends now." I looked behind me and Paige was smiling widely.

"That means you'll come over when Mom starts liking you right?" Hayden looked at me surprised but answered her.

"Yeah, of course I will." I was happy she'd want to come more and spend time with my sister and I.

"None of Blair's boyfriends ever really talked to me. You also seem nicer than them. How old are you?"

"Thank you. I'm seventeen."

"How much do you like Blair?" I laughed, she was really quizzing Hayden. That's my little sister. She's a bit protective.

"I like her a lot. Like a lot a lot. She makes me happy and she makes me feel good. I try to do the same for her." Paige nodded and I looked at Hayden. She didn't seem to care, in fact she seemed pleased.

"How long do you think you two will last?"

"I don't know Paige, I can't answer that. But I can tell you I'll try my hardest to keep this relationship going as long as I can." I'm glad she didn't spew any of that "forever" bullshit couples say. We've been talking for a week now. We can't tell how long we'll be together. Hell it might be another week long, who knows? That's what I like about Hayden. She says exactly what she feels and thinks. She doesn't sugar coat anything.

"Good enough for me. What about you Blair?" I shrugged then smiled.

"Perfect." Hayden squeezed my hand.

We made it to the ice cream parlor and ordered then sat down. Hayden paid for all of us.

"Thanks Hayd." I told her as we sat down. Paige and I sat across from Hayden.