3

Hayden's POV

I left Lewis' house and on the drive there I got a phone call from Payton.

"Sorry, I know I'm late but–"

"That's not the point. You cheated on Emma?" I almost swerved off the road.

"What? How do you know about it?"

"It's everywhere! Hayden, I specifically told you not to cheat on her! I thought you wanted to be with her for real?"

"I do! I didn't sleep with Blair. We kissed and took off each other's clothes but that's it. She asked if I was sure I wanted to have sex with her and I didn't. She was drunk and I wasn't. Well I was just tipsy." I smiled, thinking about last night and this morning then I frowned. I felt bad about Emma.

"Just come home so we can go to the meeting."

"Okay, I'm down the street." I hung up and in a few seconds I was home. I went inside and Payton sat at the table shaking his head.

"Go get dressed, quickly. I convinced them to not come here instead." I nodded and went upstairs. I hurried and threw on a shirt and another pair of pants.

"I'm ready!" I said and we went ahead and got in the car.

"Goodness gracious Hayden, that shirt is not clean." I frowned at him. It passed the smell test in my opinion.

"I thought it was..."

"Just... don't let Dad smell it. Or you'll be in trouble. I wish you'd stop going to those parties and smoking and all of that shit. You know, the boys miss you. I wish you'd hang out with us instead." I laughed. His friends and I never really got along, but I'll go with it.

"You guys don't have fun."

"You can have fun without drinking every night Hayden. I love you and I don't want to see you hurt or in jail. You're seventeen, you're not at the legal age. I know marijuana isn't bad, but it's illegal and if you're caught you're gone. I only have one little sister." Yeah but we've got an older sister and an older brother so he'd be fine. Just kidding, I'm his favorite and I know it.

"One day Payton. One day, I'll stop. I promise."

"Hopefully it won't be too late." We made it to the coffee shop and I saw Dad's truck already there. I jumped out of the truck and went inside.

We looked around and found Mom and Dad. I smiled immediately when I saw Mom and she jumped up and ran over to hug me.

"Mom!" I hugged her tightly. It's not that we live far away. We live in the same town. I just never go to the house and I haven't gotten used to not seeing her everyday. She's the only thing that really makes me happy.

"Oh honey! I've missed you so much." I chuckled and she stood back and looked at me. I know she smelled me and my smile dropped. She never looked at me disappointedly like Dad, but she did look sad.

I followed her over to the table and shook Dad's hand. He looked at me confused and I looked away and sat down across from him so he wouldn't smell me. I don't know exactly what I smelled like but from the way Payton talked it's probably alcohol. Though I don't get how you'd smell alcohol on a shirt... Maybe I spilled it. He just shrugged and I sighed in relief. The two had already ordered drinks, because we always drink the same thing.

"So, how have you two been?" Dad asked, but I know he means me.

"Great Dad, you should know this. You just called the other day." I said exasperated. He sighed.

"Hayden, you do know that I don't mean to seem like I don't trust you. It's just that you haven't make the best choices since... well you know. I understand that you were hurt, and this is your way of coping with it, but I just want to help." I ran a hand through my hair frustratedly.