Chapter 6

Solstice Love sits still as the healer takes care of her wound. It hurts worse than anything she's ever felt. But she does as she's asked. Finally the healer announces she's done, and she just leaves. Solstice ends up falling asleep a little while after, on Sombra's bed. Which... feels odd to her.

~•~•~•~•~

Sombra's meeting frustrates him, so he fumes as he heads to his room. He's nearly calm by the time he gets there, but the quiet inside makes him pause. He cracks the door, and finds her asleep. He shoves his magic inside him, deep. He won't ever touch her with it again.

"You saved me," she'd murmured.

Yeah, he had. But he'd also put her under. So... technically he didn't save her. At all.

He sits silently in a chair, watching the rise and fall of the covers on the bed. She's so pretty. He wanders over near the bed, but not close enough to wake her. He looks at the scar on her face. It looks like it burns, hurts really bad. He uses a ton of strength to keep himself from touching it gingerly.

Sombra realizes how hopelessly in love with her he is. He'd never admit it. Ever. Well... maybe if she asked him enough, he'd blurt it on accident. She'd asked twice now? And both times he'd nearly spilled. But he didn't, and that's what mattered. He returns to his chair, and a small tingle fills his horn.

His guards are summoning him. He sighs silently and goes, leaving the beauty in his bed.

~•~•~•~•~

Solstice wakes up some time later feeling... better, but... she can't pin how to describe her feeling. She feels... half-full? She likes it. The most full she's been for as long as she can remember. She ignores the thought and finds food on the beautifully furnished table. She gazes at the pretty burnt brown wood, and sits, eating hungrily. Not long after she finds a chai waiting for her next to the bed. How did he- or someone- know? She slurps it down thirstily, and lays on the bed staring at the ceiling.

~•~•~•~•~

"Sir," the captain of the guard says.

Sombra sits, already bored. "What is it? I have better things to do than just sit here, you know."

The guards nod.

"Sir," the captain says as he steps forward. "We've picked up word from some of our spies that Canterlot is planning an attack. Celestia leading."

Sombra's interest peaks. "Oh?"

"Yes, sir."

He groans internally. He has to ask for an answer. He won't just tell him. "And is there anything else? A date or something?"

The captain nods. "Yes, majesty. In a month exactly."

Sombra nods, never going to reveal an actual opinion to his soldiers. "Thank you. Is that all?"

The captain nods. Sombra leaves, glad to be out. A month. He heads to one of his offices, and summons the captain. He comes nearly instantly.

"I need more recruits. Go take about... a hundred men from our mines."

"Yes, sir."

"And send ten guards to take more slaves from Equestria."

"Anywhere, highness?"

"Yes. I just need more slaves. Enough to replenish the ones that are becoming guards."

"Yes, sir." He leaves and Sombra stares at a list of all of his soldiers. He sighs, and turns to some other work. This'll take a while...