Chapter 1

Solstice Love slaved away in the crystal mines, as ordered, with only a sliver of the joyful radiant pony she was a year ago.

Now, she's under the tyranny of Sombra.

She has to work in his mines. All day. All night.

She sighs and continues working. She obeys the guards, not wanting the horrid scars her fellow crystal ponies got from disobedience. She winced at the thought, never pausing her work. She pushed herself. She was probably the hardest working, while somehow managing a beautiful look to her. She hated that in her free time men tried to compliment their way to her attention.

She ignored them all.

Besides, what good would a lover do if all she enjoyed now was work?

She pressed herself, pushing herself to the limit. One day... her mind wanders off as she slaves away.

Hours later, she's free of the work and is escorted to her cell. Such an orderly fashion. Perfect symmetry. She sighs and plops down on her bed. The doors don't close, as they have an hour and a half to themselves. She stares at the ceiling, and the men show up.

"Oh Love Dove!" They call.

"Oh, come out. We want to see ya!"

She sighs and flicks her wings. She stands, and zips through the men, wings helping her. She's just a flash of blue to them. She zips her way to the drink court. Guards are against every wall, always watching. Seeming to watch her in particular. She's practically the same only one who hasn't fought them yet. She has no scars. They think someday she'll just freak, she guesses.

She goes to the coffee place, orders a chai, her usual, and plops down at a picnic-type table.

She savors the taste of the cinnamon infused ice melting on her tongue. She licks whipped cream from her lips. Solstice takes a survey of the men.

Ew. Gross. Mean. Smelly. Brutal. Rude. Shy. Silent. Scared. Overbearing. They all changed completely when Sombra conquered.

They all have.

She finishes her chai, and heads to the small rock field. She rolls to her back and stares at the dark-clouded sky. She sighs. There's a magic barrier around the empire, keeping them in. They can't fly off, or teleport.

They're trapped. Just what Sombra wants.

Solstice sighs and returns to her cell. The door shuts, as do the others. She falls asleep to a typical dreamless sleep.