Chap 14

Merry Xmas Eve to my awesome readers and Merry Xmas in advance

Miela POV

I was half awake on my bed when I felt soft but rough fingers around my soft ones. Warmth was emitting from their fingers and I was about to submit to my slumber once again when I realised I was on a bed, my bed. I don't remember getting in a bed.

Just like that everything started coming back to me. From my agreement to give Kyle a chance to my crying on Carl's shoulder. He must have put me here after I fell asleep.

I gradually opened my eyes, realising it was late evening. I found myself looking at Kyle sitting on my bed, who was also staring back at me with a solemn expression. I looked back down at our fingers lost in thought.

Carl made me do this and I agreed to it. I can't believe it. It seems like werewolves can't be trusted. I thought he loved me, wouldn't touch another, wouldn't kiss another but that changed when I saw what he did.

I had left Carl in the living room and walked the hallway that lead to Kyle's room, stopping when I saw his door opened an inch. He was talking to that girl, Veronica. I remembered how she quietly talked to Kyle about their childhood love at the living room doorway, after I had refused to talk to her but Kyle practically barked out his love for me and only me.

I wondered what she was doing now. I stood near the door and listened in to their conversation. "-and I don't think she likes me anymore. She doesn't show me any affection either," Kyle had finished. I don't blame him since it was true. I had gotten accustomed to ignoring the mate bond so it came as instinct. I had hated him so it can't be helped.

"Maybe you need someone else to show you unlimited affection," Veronica whispered. Was she trying to take him away again. "That would always be there for you." There was a pause where he was probably answering her. "I could be that person." Her voice had become lower and lower.

That ***** ! She was charming him into liking her! I growled under my throat and pushed opened the door. What I saw made my stomach drop and my heart clench.