I stared at the bottom of the glass hoping she'd barge through my front door. Though it never happened, Santiago sauntered in the room and stood beside me.

His expression now looked worrisome, "Do you love her?"

More than anything.

I exhaled stiffly, "I can't imagine the day I won't."

She was the reward for everything I did right in life, but angels don't love demons. And that's just what we were.

His face turned confused, "So, who told her about Alecia?"

I was clinging onto every single ounce of hope in me that Marcello had nothing to do with it.

"I don't know." I heard myself mumble with my eyes gazing into thought.

"I think we both know who it was. Damn, that guy can't get over the fact that his wife had a wandering eye. I mean, sure she was hot, but I think he's held his grudge for far too long."

"I'm going to wring out his intestines and have him bleed a waterfall down his stairs." My thoughts wandered out my mouth.

Santiago scratched his head, "Didn't you say she started acting distant the day you picked her up at the edge of town?"

I nodded my head in assurance.

He shrugged, "Well, how long was she gone?"

I contemplated unclearly, "Two hours?"

"When I tracked her phone from the call, that was in the elevator."

"Right. Her mouth was covered quickly, but then she broke free and yelled in anguish. Then, the call ended." her scream began to torment me.

"Marcello sent someone to get her. But what I'm not getting is how would he let her go, unharmed? He would never do that." he pinched his freshly shaved chin.

"Unless he didn't. She could've escaped herself."

He nodded, "That's a possibility. He's targeting her, what do you think he's planning to do?"

I shook my head, knowing the reason. I swallowed with fear, something I never felt before, "He's striving for vengeance."

"Marcello won't get near her if you're at her side. He knows he doesn't stand a chance, you need to weave your way back into her life."

Anger began to wash over me, "But she hates me!"

"Buy her flowers or something."

"She's not really materialistic like that."

He shrugged, "Not even a car?"

I let out a laugh, "She'll probably run me over with it."

"What about the ring you have in your drawer?"

My eyes wandered on the floor, "The last day at San Fransisco I was planning to ask her." my small smile faded, "But then she found out about Alecia and I haven't heard from her since."

"Why is she so caught up in the past? It's not like you can change it?"

"I can tell she's afraid. She came back traumatized from Marcello's kidnappers."

"If you can't talk to her, then watch her."

I scoffed, "She hates being watched."

He rolled his eyes, "I'll help you out. Tonight, we can install a tracker on the bottom of her car. Easy."

"She just needs a little time, she'll get over it."

He groaned, "A little time is plenty for Marcello to sweep in and steal her."

"I'll drive by in occasions."

Santiago shook his head in disappointment, "Pick a casket out for her while you're at it."

I ran my fingers through my messy hair, "Alright, I'll go to her game tomorrow, but you have to accompany me. I can't stand being around so many immature adolescents."

He chuckled, "Agreed."