A New Friend

Saeran stood in the cold autumn breeze. It was 8:15 sharp and he was arriving to his new school, Wakanisha High. Saeran hated his life, in doubt that he would never find love again. Then his phone beeped.

   "Saeran, you are going to be late, again! 😣" Saeyoung texted.

   Saeran was a transfer student from Tokyo. He moved to Seoul because his father had to get a new job, for he had lost his original job in Tokyo. His family had actually moved many times, in search of a job. But the jobs were located in Tokyo, but this job that his father was offered was located in Seoul.

   Everytime he went to a new school, Saeran would be late. Saeyoung, his fraternal twin brother, always scolded him about being late. Why, he hated when Saeyoung scolded him. The main reason that Saeyoung would scold him, though, is because Saeran and Saeyoung are supposed to walk to school everyday, but Saeran is very stubborn and sleeps in everyday, not letting anyone wake him up.

   "OK, OK. I swear, I'll be there in about 5 minutes... I guess,"  Saeran texted back, hesitantly, not knowing if that was a lie.

   Saeran had finally made it through the cold air and headed into the school, shivering. As he was quickly walking to homeroom, he saw a girl about his age with long brunette hair. She seemed bewildered. He did not know if he wanted to speak to her and ask her if anything was wrong. This year, he wanted to help someone. He would still hate his life, though. Saeran tried his best not to be nervous and decided to walk up to the girl, slowly.

   "Hello..." Saeran started, nervously, "Are you alright?"

    The girl turned, facing Saeran. "I am OK, it's just... I don't know where my homeroom is, heh," she replied.

   "Which class is it?" Saeran inquired, feeling a bit confident because of the girl's personality.

   The girl scrolled through her paper and said, "My homeroom is in class 207."

   Saeran was a little bit surprised. The girl was in his homeroom. He knew he could help her now.

   "Well, that is also my homeroom," Saeran explained. "Do you want to walk to class with me?"

  The girl let out a small smile and answered, "Sure!"

   Saeran and the girl walked to class together. Saeran looked around, and they laughed about the nerds. They talked about the new principle, Mr. Jihyun Kim. Saeran was happy that he spoke up. He finally helped someone out, besides parents.

   When Saeran and the girl reached the classroom, the girl said, "I am so rude! I am sorry for not introducing myself. My name is MC. Yours?"

   "My name? Oh... my name is Saeran, and I am a transfer student from Tokyo," Saeran replied to MC. No one has ever been that polite to him before.

   "Hey," MC started. "Want to be friends?" she said with a smile.

   Saeran couldn't believe that he could be making a new friend on his first day of school in Wakanisha High.

   "Friends," Saeran said, happily.