{Ugly Christmas Sweaters}

Author's note: Enjoyy mah Christmas updatteeteee

ANOTHER awesome cover above by @vacayholi THANK YOU!!

                     ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There's nothing that says 'Merry Christmas! I'm going to torture you!' more than a Christmas carol.

At 6 A.M.

I sat up on my bed and glared out of the window (which, luckily, didn't crack.) Snow had covered up the bottom of my window. Surely, it was those pesky brats sounding like a chipmunk fail.

Oh, I'm sorry I sound rude. Let's be polite and sing stupid songs at the doorsteps of people who're asleep!

Groaning, I pushed my window open. Cold wind rushed in but I ignored it. "What?" I yelled, making my voice sound like an old witch. 

It was either my voice or my crazy Afro, but I'm glad it scared the kids away.

Newton's first law basically says that if something's at rest, it'll be in rest. If it's moving, it'll keep moving unless you force it to. That clearly applies to me, so instead of going back to sleep, I decided I should wake up. 

I dragged my butt out of the bed and stumbled into the kitchen. Just as I was about to grab the jar of Nutella, my bell rang.

I groaned, and took monstrous steps towards the door. I have a butter knife in my hand and I am not afraid to use it. Swinging the door open, I hit the person with my regular, "What?"

Damn it, it's Clara.

Alarmed, I frantically tried to tame my frizzy hair. "Oh, hey, Clara! Merry Christmas!" I said, making sure my bad breath wouldn't reach her. I mentally winced at my squeaky voice.

She was wearing an over sized brown coat (it seemed like she was hiding something inside it) and long leather boots. Her long blonde hair was dangling from her shoulders and she wore a hat to suit the coat. Her coffee colored eyes were more addicting than coffee - and that's saying something.

It's 6:30 A.M. How can someone look so ridiculously gorgeous?

I cleared my throat, and let her inside. I hope I wasn't staring for too long. "I'll be right back. Make yourself comfortable." I said, and hurried upstairs. 

Wait, was there drool on my lips? 

I shook my head (and wiped my mouth, just in case) and threw on a grey hoodie. Great, now I look a little less like the grumpy witch who's about to torture children.

"Don't you have a Christmas tree?" She asked, slightly disappointed.

No, because I couldn't care less about this stupid festival, and I'm too stingy to waste my money on that.

"I don't get Christmas trees, because that would involve cutting trees."

Smooth, Alex. As smooth as sandpaper.

Before she could comment on that, I asked, "You want to head out and have some hot dogs?"

"Sure, let's cut animals instead of trees." She laughed, and added, "but first, you're opening my gift."

If there is a sea of guilt, you'd find me deep in there, struggling to come out.

"You actually got me a present?" I asked, and took her gift. Under normal circumstances, I would rip the cover open and use the gift as soon as I see it.

This is a normal circumstance, because I'm too tired and sleepy to open it 'the nice way'. "Wow, it's a sweater!" I exclaimed. Ew, it looks disgusting.

It had tiny bells on the neck and weird red and green patterns with snowflakes on it. At the bottom, it had a Christmas tree. The sweater looked ugly, but it's the thought that counts, right?

She giggled, and said, "Searched everywhere to find a sweater that looks as ugly as you do, but this is the closest I could get."

Yep. It is the thought that counts.

I took my hoodie off and wore the sweater. "Hot Dogs?" I asked, heading towards my door.

"Wait... You're not really going to wear that, are you?" She asked, her eyes widening in shock. 

I smirked, and unlocked the door.

✔️✔️✔️✔️✔️✔️✔️✔️✔️✔️✔️✔️