"I'm so sorry, Hermione, for all this suffering you have gone through because of being my friend." He paused and I listened to his heart beat. "If I could go back and change it all I would. I'd stay out of your life so you could have peace."

"No, Harry. If you hadn't become my friend things would be ten times worse. Not just for me but for everyone. All the times we stopped Voldemort we had done it together." I whispered to him. "Without us, together," Ron included, "Voldemort would have succeeded and all muggle borns and half bloods would be dead."

I felt Harry nod his head, but there was no verbal response from him.

We laid in silence until we fell asleep. I felt comfortable in his arms. Safe.

The next morning I woke up and slid from the bed as quietly as I could, doing my best not to disturb Harry. I went into the bathroom and quickly took a shower before I got dressed. Today was the day I would return to Hogwarts for my final year of school.

As I stood in the bathroom brushing my hair I thought about the possibilities of the school year. I filled my mind with as many affirmations as I could of all the positive things that could happen. There would only be good things.... wait, no... not good things, great things. Great things were going to happen this year.

When I finished brushing my hair I went into my room and gathered my school trunk that was full of my things. After I slung my satchel over my shoulder that contained the book I was currently reading, my iPod with music and some precious momentums, I woke Harry.

Harry would be the one seeing me off this year. He had his drivers license and a car so he offered to drive me to Kings Cross and escort me to the barrier where he would see me off on the Hogwarts Express.

"Harry, hey Harry wake up." I said as I shook him gently.

His face scrunched up as he opened his eyes. Immediately his hand shot up to shield his eyes from the sunlight cascading through the windows

"Hermione?" He looked at me and then to my bag over my shoulder before he pushed himself into a sitting position. "Blimey, is it that time already?" Without waiting for my answer he jumped to his feet and did his best to tidy the outfit he wore yesterday, which he had slept in.

In under five minutes we were out the door and on our way to Kings Cross Station.

It was ten minutes before the train was to leave as we crossed through the barrier. As I walked up to the train I couldn't help but get butterflies in my stomach. This was it, this was my final year at Hogwarts.

We stopped outside the compartment door and Harry helped me stow my trunk.

"Bye..." I said to him, forcing a smile. I wanted nothing more than to cry as I knew he wasn't going with me.

I turned to get onto the train but he caught my hand and pulled me back to him. In one swift movement he pulled to tightly against his chest and wrapped his arms around me in an embrace. Then, just like last night, he pressed his lips to my forehead. Only this time he held them there for a few more seconds.

"Get a room Potter!" Malfoy snapped as he passed us and got onto the train.

I felt my face grow warm as bitterness towards Malfoy flooded my veins. I wanted to curse him or just punch him in the face like I did in my third year.

Then the train whistle blew and Harry released me, taking a step back.

"Be safe." He said to me as I turned to get onto the train.

I moved into the first compartment, as the doors closed, to open the window.

"Goodbye and good luck Hermione." Harry said as the wheels began turning.