02

Hawk

The tension was tense in the Cinderella castle as Hawk sat on a light pink sofa of Rose's room. Everything was filled with little trinkets from both worlds as all people who gathered to mourn remained on the other side of the room.

His eyes landed on the asleep blonde on the middle of the room. After the commotion, Joy and Travis left the room to inform the teachers of the situations while he stood there. He watched as they carried her to the carriage, and he could still feel the emptiness in his heart.

"I just- stood there," he mutters as tears left his eyes. "Everything is my fault. If I hurried- Or if I comforted her or something, she would still be here. Smiling, being the literal sunshine that she was."

No one dared to look at him as his emotions unraveled with his cold demeanor shattering. In fact, all felt that they were guilty. Astoria stood there with no response or smart decisions as she was guilty of pushing her away.

Suddenly, there was a sudden shift on the bed as Rose flutters her eyes open. He immediately rushed to her side, holding her hands with a relieved expression. She looked around with a confused expression as she curled into a ball.

"Where am I? Who are you guys? I- I am calling the police." His heart felt cold as his beloved looked at him with unfamiliarity that she has not shown before. He bit his lips as he remained on his seat and looking at her with sadness painted all over his face.

Joy came up to her with a cautious step as she tapped lightly to the enclosed arms of Rose. She sat in the bed with tears flowing down her face. "Rose, we are your friends. Remember? Please. I- I am Joy," she begged as Rose looked up to her with confusion in her face.

"This is Hawk. Remember? He-" Hawk raised his hand as he motioned Joy to stop. His hands trembled as he stood up to stand in the corner of the room. Everything was a blur as Joy mentioned Travis who punched the wall. It left a huge crack as Rose stiffened with his sudden urge to hold her.

"Headmistress Cinderella, what happened to Rose? Why- Why is there a pink strand on her hair?" Travis asked as Hawk buried his face in his hands. There was a saying that boys do not cry, but how could he not mourn if she does not remember him?

Rose

It was a different kind of pain that she experiences. Everything hurts as there was still a searing pain that makes it difficult for her to breath. There was an unusual silence as she woke up in an unusual place. 'Where am I?' She looked around as everyone stared at her, expecting some sort of reaction from her.

She curled up in a ball as the stares scared her with the occasional throbbing of her chest. The bed shifted as she scooted near the farthest part of the mattress. "Rose, we are your friends. Remember? Please. I- I am Joy," a voice called out as she peeked from her arms.

There was a dainty girl with a green hair; she looked so familiar. Where did she see her? Suddenly, the throbbing escalated as she closed her eyes shut in hopes to stop the pain. "This is Hawk. Remember? He-" the voice stopped as she opened her eyes to meet a crystal blue eye.

The boy stood up away from her as her heart begged him to stay. Every fiber in her entire being screamed as he grew farther from her. She stiffened as a loud crash on the wall crushed the portion into pieces. Her eyes went wide as she stared at the green-haired boy with fear on her eyes.

'No human being should be able to do that,' she thought as she stared at the debris in the carpeted floor of the huge room. Remember. The lone word is looped in her head as everything is not in the correct way the fate decided. Why cannot she remember anything? It was as if someone purposely blocked her memories and perhaps, deep in her heart, she knew who that was.

"Headmistress Cinderella, what happened to Rose? Why- Why is there a pink strand on her hair?" Pink strand? She grabbed a fistful of her hair as her eyes widened at the barely noticeable strand on her hair. "N-No. Everything is not true. All of you are just lying, right?"

No one reassured her as she panics with her hands fiddling the pink strand in her blonde hair. Tears formed on her eyes as it stung from the residue of the potion. All she could know that everything is wrong, nothing made sense as everyone is expecting something from her.

It was a blur until a mouse crawl into her direction as she scoots farther away the bedframe. "M-Mouse! Help me!" She shrieks as everybody tried to calm her down while trying to collect the crying mouse in her leg.

The throbbing came back as it transforms into a huge wave of headache. She grasps a nearby person who happened to be the blue-haired prince from before. The surrounding blurs out as her body began to fall into the soft mattress. 'Remember.'

It repeated in a loop in her brain as she felt like a prisoner in her own body. Everything does not follow her command as the magic in her circulates in a slow manner. Unlike before, it was slowly mixing into the parts of the body since everything went haywire.

Warmth engulfed her body as someone hugged her with an immense care. Even though she knew that she is asleep, somehow, this warmth is someone she trusts. She knew this person, but where? 'I know you. Please wait until I found myself. Please,' she thought as her consciousness fades away along the soothing lull of the warmth beside her.