𝟬𝟯

Hawk

After the blonde fainted due to the extreme stress, everyone left the room to discuss the next part of the plan. They huddled in the small space of the hallway to the blonde's room as the heavy atmosphere eases up.

"The potion," Astoria mutters as her eyes widened and gestures others to follow her. They stood on the grounds of the dragons, whistling up to the sky. The wait wasn't long as the majestic creatures hovered above the arena, their scales glinting on the bright rays of the sun.

The dragons landed on the arena grounds, and the wind blew away some dirt particles into the air. They started mounting at their dragon, fully equipped with their armors.

Hawk grasped the reins of his dragon as they soared to the skies, wind blowing their hair as the sun sets. The wind in the skies lulled him into daydreaming as his worries lessened. Maybe, after they everything is over, he could confess his love for her.

"Guys, if... I confess to Rose-" He was cut off as his friend, Travis, laughed at his nervousness.

"Hawk, we have been waiting for the both of you to confess. Honestly, you two are idiots," Travis ended his speech as Lingling glared at his choice of words.

Laughter erupted from the group as the weight in their shoulders disappeared. However, deep inside, he wishes that Rose was here to remove the coldness that seeps in his heart.

"We're here," Lingling muttered. They landed to the site as soldiers are situated in the guards, affecting the peaceful atmosphere of the school.

He ran to Headmistress Cinderella who had a cold demeanor compared to the strict and easy-going persona she sported throughout the school years.

"Headmistress!" He called out as she turned around with her wand in her hand.

"Let us help." His eyes are burning with passion as she narrows her eyes towards him. Unexpectedly, she turned away from him.

"Let the adults handle the situations. We will take care of the situations, and anyone who would disobey my orders are expelled."

Anger rushed into his body as he gritted his teeth. "Do nothing? How could I do nothing when at this moment Rose is suffering?" He complained as he walked away to sit down on their seats at the potions lab. Time passed by as he stared at Astoria who walks in a frantic manner.

"There has to be a way to find a cure," she said. He rolls his eyes and crossed his arms to himself. "You don't get to act grumpy when everyone's doing their best."

"What best?" He retorted.

"Hawk." Astoria warned him when he noticed everyone at the lab stopped their works to look at him. His grip to his wand loosened and sat on his chair, unwinding the dawdling stress.

"I'm just worried," Hawk admitted. "Everything's just not the same anymore. There's no more loud laughter in the halls, the explosions in the aisle three of the lab, and even those snarling books won't snarl!"

Travis scooted his chair over to his side, patting his shoulders in the process. "Are you sure you're not doing this out of pity?"

"Pity?"

"Yes, pity." Travis responded. "Believe it or not. Your actions have long been perceived as loving and charming to others. Like a random girl would trip on her own and then you'll sweep in and catch her in your arms. I know she'll think of it that you liked her."

"I do not!"

"She did," Joy pointed at the blushing girl at the front table of the classroom. "She's been giving you the goo-goo ga-ga eyes ever since you saved her."

Hawk gave an awkward smile and wave to the girl. Pak! All of his friends slapped their forehead. "What did I do?"

"You did it again!" They shouted.

"Well, I am just being who I am." Hawk defended himself. "It's not nice if I ignore them. They'll think that I'm rude."

"Sure, whatever you say dear princey." Hawk ignored Travis' remarks as the door opened and a frantic Alicia hurriedly walked over Astoria.

"Fairytale Collection!" Alicia shouted as she shook Astoria's shoulder. "We've found it! The potion's side effect was forgetting, right?"

Astoria, the genius she is, began putting the pieces together. "We can counteract the potion with her collection! By adding them to a potion with the right ingredients, we can basically cure her! In theory."

With the professor's permission, their group began concocting an antidote while everyone continued with their lessons. Headmistress Cinderella began pouring the collection one by one while the lavender ivy hair of Astoria stirred the cauldron.

The results of the antidote were an orange-colored liquid enclosed in a glass bottle. It had no odor, water-like texture, and sparkled in yellow with a bask of sunlight.

"In theory, this should be the antidote," Astoria said with a point on the word theory. Hawk neatly placed it in the pouch of his belt and led the team to the dragon area.

"The little princey's in a hurry. Oh Rose, my benevolent self gathered this antidote while roaming the whole realm just to be with you." Travis teased before shouting in pain from the slap in the back by his lover.

Hawk ignored the red hues fanning his face, but instead focused on increasing speed to the Cinderella castle. Everyone followed his lead as they were greeted with a majestic castle with a white, blue and gold accents.

"Headmistress!" Hawk shouted from the window where Rose was seen peaceful in slumber. One might think that she's Sleeping Beauty's granddaughter with how deep in sleep she was.

The window was soon opened as everyone jumped from their dragons and landed in the floor. Hawk spent no time dawdling and opened the bottle with orange liquid.

"Please work, " Hawk chanted in his head. Minutes passed as the baby blue eyes stared straight into the light green ones. Those blues crinkled into a smile and cold arms wrapped to his shoulders.

"Missed me?"

"Yeah, I did."