Or four if need be.

Nish rose from the floor with utter gracelessness.

"I am your king ! You little-"

"Former king" I reminded Nish, cutting him off with a sickly sweet smile.

"There is no need for this..." the orange haired man said. "My lord doesn't want to marry you"

"But I do." I turned to that voice.

It was none other than the king. Dominic Delenitor. His lips twitched to an almost imperceptible smile and my cheeks heated up as I studied him.

Handsome didn't do the man justice. He was beautiful and had an aura of power even though he wasn't much older than me. I wondered how I hadn't noticed him before. His face was strong, like the rest of him. Dark brown hair framed his face and came to rest just below his ears. Stubble matted his jaw and only added to his appeal.

He was dressed practically, in a dark blue, full sleeved shirt and black pants. It told me that he had been ready to fight and conquer Beate by force if Nish didn't surrender. This was a man who wasn't afraid to take what he wanted and was prepared to do what was necessary.

"So you're the new king." I stated the obvious.

"So you're to be mine." He sounded amused.

"I'm nobody's slave" I muttered, my ability to think fading fast as his dark eyes bore into mine.

"You'll be my queen." He turned to the chubby man on his right, "Get me a Mage."

"My lord! I strictly advise against it!" He begged. Dominic stared at the man and he gulped before running out to do as ordered.

"Aren't you going to listen to your advisor ?" I was hopeful he would." My lord?"

"No! Marry her!" Nish yelled. I'd had enough of him at that point and swung my sword. His only reaction was to duck and I knocked his crown off.

"Tie him up and throw him in the stables." Dominic said to orange hair.

The General walked over to Nish and knocked him out in one swift punch. I was a bit jealous that I didn't get to do that but it was satisfying to watch regardless. Nish was then dragged out with zero respect and I watched silently.

"Let us make a deal." Dominic turned to me, "If I defeat you, you'll marry me."

"If not ?" I questioned. I was confident that I had a chance of victory.

"You can have my head" he offered, cocking his head to the left.

What good would that do?

"I want a thousand gold coins." I said, " and a horse."

"Fine." He unsheathed his sword with his left hand. "Shall we?"

I chose not to answer that and attacked. For a man his size, he was shockingly quick and agile. I tried and tried to find a weak spot, to find a window that would allow me to hurt him but I couldn't.