NEW BOOK (LIMIT OF DEVOTION)

Hey guys!

I have written a new book and I don't know how it'll go but I'm giving it a try on this one! Read the synopsis below to get a better understanding. I've included the prologue in here too:

https://www.wattpad.com/story/92948545-limit-of-devotion

(LIMIT OF DEVOTION)

When Harleen Rosenwald accepted a part-time job as a caretaker for a wheel-chaired lady diagnosed with a terminal illness, little does she expect that it turns out to be the wife of her teacher (and long-term crush) ; Mr. Cedric Heubert.

With them seeing more of each other everyday, will this slowly leads to a thrilling, intense and forbidden attractions between Harleen and Cedric?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PROLOGUE

Harleen Rosenwald's POV

"Two O'clock" My friend Mae, nudges me with a 'that face your friend gives' expression as Mr. Cedric Heubert makes his way towards our direction.

"Mae. Quiet" I warned her softly.

"Na-uh" She shook her head, "See Normally, a Friend protect you but a true best friend will make it their job to embarrass you" She smiled slyly. That is very comforting to hear... not.

My heart quickens as Mr. Heubert walked past us. "Good Afternoon, Mr. Heubert" Mae greeted him cheerfully. He nodded to acknowledge, then looked between us with a blank face. Honestly, I don't even know when I started having a one-sided secret crush on him. To start explaining why or how I am attracted to him, I really don't know. His genes are apparently supreme, no doubt; but his personality aren't anywhere near friendly. He just doesn't show any emotions, no matter the situation. Everybody in school calls him the "cold-blooded professor".

So why was I attracted to him? I laughed to myself silently. I don't even know.

"Ms. Rosenwald, there is something I need to speak to you in private" He looked sternly at me, then towards Mae. "Speaking of hints" Mae muttered under her breath and rolled her eyes. She looked at me carefully before giving Mr. Heubert and I some private space.

What could he possibly want to talk about? My heart beating in sync with every steps I take. I don't even know where we are going. I followed him further. Oh god, did he found out I had a crush on him? I've known him for two years, and for those years we have not spoken a word at all outside school hours. What could possibly be the reason for him to stop me?

Aimlessly, we reached his destination-- His private office. He opens the door and motioned me to sit down. I did as told. Four walls surrounding us. No CCTV, only two humans. I grew even more nervous. "I've received your application for the position of a caregiver" How did he-

"Did you read what was written in the description? It's for a disabled lady with terminal illness" He answered his own question.

"Yes, I did read that part" I answered. Still confused on the current situation. How did he even know I applied for a part time job as a caregiver?

"I don't intend to let an inexperienced child to take care of my wife"

Inexperienced child? Is he referring to me? Take care of his wife? He has a wife? Many emotions ran through my mind but I was not letting one get away-- being offended. "Excuse me?" I scoffed. "I have skills experience in taking care of the disabled. I have volunteered for years at an elderly home" I made my point and explained. "...In case you didn't read that part in my resume" I added. It wasn't my intention to spite him, but I had to. I do that whenever I feel wronged and judged before I could show my potential and capabilities. That upsets me. Especially coming from him.

He observed me silently, took a deep breath and read through my resume once again... Or perhaps, for the first time.

"You will start work next monday. School ends at 3pm so I expect you to be here by 4pm" He scribbled while talking; and passed me a note containing his address. "You will end your shift at 11pm everyday. Your salary is $10/hr and it will be given every once a week. Any other questions?"

Oh, what a fast, concise and detailed explanation. Everything I actually cared about-- salary.

"No, not at the moment" I answered.

He nodded and motioned me to leave. I stepped out, and close the door behind me. Letting a breath of relief, I never realised how stiff I had been inside the room with only him. He angers me, but at the same time, he made me nervous. And, For the umpteenth times, I wonder why I am attracted to this man.

--------------

"This is my wife, Clara" Mr. Heubert introduced and damn, I stared at this woman in awe and even though I hate to admit it. She is beautiful and absolutely stunning. It's no wonder that a man like him would be in love with a woman like her.

I cleared my clogged throat upon the word 'wife'. Afterall, I have been crushing on her 'husband'. Guilt stricken me, but I shove the thought aside.

"Nice to meet you, Harleen" She smiled, her eyes beaming with happiness even though she is in a miserable condition. "My husband worries too much. I might be dying soon but there really isn't much for you to do for me actually. In fact, I love my house too much I don't really go anywhere else except the washroom and bedroom" She laughs. Is that supposed to be a joke?

Mr. Heubert grims. "I would appreciate if you give her medication on time. Be her helping-hand when she needs it. Most of the time I will be at the study room, so if there is anything you need, you can find me there" He explained.

"Don't scare her, Cedric" She lightly beat his arm. Her attention turned towards me. "I know you are my husband's student, but don't worry. You can be yourself around me, I don't grade you" She smiled. Oh gosh, I'm so bad at deciphering her sentences. Honestly, am I supposed to be comforted by that?

I smiled wordlessly.

"A word, please" Mr. Heubert motioned me with his fingers to follow him, again. "Go on" Clara encouraged. Well, this is getting awkward.

We entered his study room, "Do not ask that woman about the past or how she actually become crippled" He speaks sternly. Like another person behind closed doors, behind his wife. Why? I grew curious.

It was 'my wife' out there. He called her that so endearingly but behind closed doors... he called her 'that woman'. If that doesn't perk my interest...

"Your wife... That woman?" I blurted. "Seems as if-"

"Don't act as if you know anything" He quickly charged. " I paid you to solve my problem. Not to investigate my marriage problems. Just do your job well, Ms. Rosenwald"

"Yeah..." I smiled wryly with grievances, "Thanks.... Thanks for the lovely and polite advice" I said in full sarcasm.

"Thanks for having feelings for me" He rebutted. My mouth instantly gaped open. He knew? He fucking knew?! How long? How? Why? What? Where? When?

"Oh god" I muttered and in a heartbeat, Mr. Heubert flashed a his perfect full set of white teeth.

"Do you honestly think I was oblivious to it?" He asked.

Make a choice Harleen -- Deny, confess or give excuses.

"I was probably out of it when I say that. I wasn't thinking, clearly" I mixed all three choices in one- denied and sort of confess and give some excuses. I'm brilliant sometimes.

He leaned in, my cheeks flushed with embarrassment. "I'm not an idiot" He smirk, eyes fixed on mine. Clearly, he is enjoying himself right now.

I cleared my throat and inched away from his gaze. The urge to smack that smirk right off his face but guilt strikes me out of nowhere. "You are a married man. You aren't supposed to be flirting"

"Who says I am flirting?" He questioned and I remained speechless.

------------

a/n
Let's see how many votes I can get for this story before I decide if I should continue.