Chapter 21

Aurora Atticus's POV

"I don't want anything. You don't have to get me anything" -- Which is technically true since he is not obligated for it. Simply put, he is my boss and I am his employee that he employs. We have already crossed the line but he had drawn another line-- and he don't intend to cross it. Neither do I. I think I know about self-respect enough not to let a guy do whatever he wants whenever he wants. If he had already decided to stay away from me, then I will respect that and I will accept his decision. It hurt me, yes it did. But I will not wallow in self-pity and cry over it. After all, I have been independent almost my whole life. Surely, I can take this too.

In fact, this. This is already wrong. Why is he drying my hair for me?

I grabbed the hair dryer from him, gaining a confused look over his face. "I have hands" I said simply. "This is not how a boss and an employee should act" I added. I admit, I am a little sour over the fact that he can go from 'I want you' to 'It meant nothing' so quickly. Does this always happen? Because hell, I'd be mad to know a person's feelings can change that fast.

"Aurora, you should be aware by now that you are much more than an employee to me" He said. Lies-- my mind told me. Shouldn't someone be upfront about their feelings? Shouldn't love be very simple? If you love, you love. If you don't, you just don't. What's so hard about it?

"I certainly do not, Mr. Axton" 

He scoffed, "So we are back to Mr. Axton again? What are you even pissed about Aurora? I don't understand you -- One minute you were fine and the next you are giving me this attitude" 

"Likewise" I said simply. Likewise..... I don't understand him.

He shook his head in disbelief before he walked out of my room, banging the door shut.

***********

Aomine Axton's POV

"She's fucking frustrating. And all these disgraceful messy human emotions... I wanna stay away from her but I just couldn't help but care about her, and worry about her. And then she go all sassy on me, Man, I don't even know what to do" I drank down a glass of Jager bombs in a bar, with Zed beside me.

"Tell me again why you wanna stay away from her after you kissed her?"

"Because she deserved better!"

"Oh please" He rolled his eyes. "Cut that crap with me. She deserved better?" Zed scoffed, "Who is to judge that? Who is to judge what kind of 'better' she deserved? Sure your record with women wasn't that great but -- C'mon man. Seriously. It's not about who deserved her. You're just being a fucking coward. You couldn't face it that you have real feelings for her. The feelings you have right now are fucking you up because you couldn't handle it"

"Don't kid with me" I spat. There's no way I'm afraid of my own feelings. Fall in love? sure. What's so scary about that? Well....Though.... I do have thoughts-- Should I go along and face my own feelings; and she found someone better than me, what will be the possibility of her leaving me? -- that question beckoning for an answer... yet I haven't found any.

"Fuck it, fuck all this shit" I downed another glass... then another... and another. This is too complicated. Too complicated for my liking. 

***********

Aurora Atticus's POV

Zed banged on the door around 2am, with a drunk Aomine on his back while he carried him up to his room. "Oh gosh he definitely gained some weight during the camping trip" Zed put him down on his bed and took a deep breathe. 

"Well then I should go. Aura, can you take care of him please?" Zed patted my shoulder and started walking out of his room.

I followed him out; trying to weigh my decision between 'yes I should because I am worried about Aomine' and 'No I shouldn't because I am not obligated to'. And I decided not to. "I don't think-" I started,

"I think he needs you most now" Zed said in a brotherly tone, patted my head then left the house. Leaving me with a drunk Aomine who's uttering incoherent words that I could not comprehend at all, walking wobbly around his room instead of being left in the position that he was left in.

"You're so drunk" I commented and supported him up.

"Me? Drunk?" He smiled, "No Aurora, I am not drunk" He denied, in denial. 

I dragged him next to his bed, but he tripped against his own feet; lost his balance and started falling backwards. He's gonna hit his head! Out of instinct, I grabbed his hand and pulled him towards me; but instead, his weight are all on me and I lost my balance, ending right underneath him-- him being stacked on top of me, on the bed. 

.... And that is not all.

His lips are on my cheeks.

My eyes widened upon realisation, and my heart instantly starts pumping faster. No...No. Stay calm. He is drunk and this is an accident. Don't take it the wrong way.

He looked at me, then started leaning in... Heading right straight into my lips painfully slow....

I couldn't keep my eyes off him. I should be pushing him off! My hands disregard my thoughts and stood there frozen with sweat; nervous filling up every nerves.

.... He leaned in closer... His face so close to mine...

I shut my eyes tight but it never came. Instead, his head plopped down on my chin.

I opened my eyes and take it the surrounding. Huh?

He is snoring. He is asleep.

******************

a/n

The next chapter will be released on Valentine's day! Be excited!... Well not too excited. xx