Chapter 3

Aomine Axton's POV

She is infuriating, frustrating, Interesting, captivating.. and she drives me nuts. 

It's been exactly five days after the dance... and nothing changed. It's as if she has made that invisible line between a boss and an employee. For God's sake, it's not even a line between romance and employer-and-employee relationshipOver the last five days, I went strictly-professional to see if she will try to get my attention but clearly, she isn't at all bothered or affected by it. 

Instead, it backfired on me and it leaves me frustrated, even more.

This have to change. 

"Brother" My brother, Jake Axton, waltz in to my office. Disrupting my plan for the change.

"You're mimicking Draco Malfoy now?" I dead-panned on him.

He scratched his head in embarrassment. "Sorry, i've been up on Harry Potter's marathon" 

"Why are you here for?" 

"Who's got your panties in a twist?" He looked at me quizzically. "By the way, your new PA-"

"Don't lay a hand on her and keep your eyes to yourself"

He scoffed. "Are you actually being territorial now?" 

"I'm not" I denied. Sure you're not, my mind mocked me. 

"Anyway. I wanted to inform you that i barged in here without her knowledge. She had went to get something from the pantry so i slipped in. And, i came here to give you my wedding invitation. When you're busy partying all week with tons of other girls in the night club, it's hard to contact you"

I rolled my eyes. All because i was frustrated.

"Talk about your PA, it's the first time i'm seeing you vexed over a girl. Kinda refreshing actually. Have you actually gone into the first base yet, brother?" His eyebrow quirked up.

"It's a strikeout" I lament. 

"Holy shit, she's good! I like her already" He applauded, Excitement evident in his eyes.

"Well, i don't. She's innocent. Never been in love. But packed with an attitude. She knows exactly what she wants and what she doesn't. She is stubborn, have a lot of control, isn't easily swayed and persuaded. That makes her a dangerous woman. She rejected my offer to take her home the other night. She reasoned it with a taxi app she had that's assured to be safe." I complained bitterly.

"And you said you don't like her" He hummed, "Yeah.... keep deluding yourself, player. If you're not careful, it might burn you....more" He walks out of the office, with a cheeky grin. Come and go like the wind. I sighed.

Me? Burnt by Aurora? No way.

I'm just intrigued by her innocence. That's all.

... Right?

A knock on the door brought my mind back to reality- business. Aurora walked in, her scent seeped into me- "Mr. Axton, the meeting with Mr. Douglas will start in five minutes. I've prepared all the presentations and slides in the meeting room. He's due to arrive now" She informed. As always, being professional. 

"Thank you, and Aurora. I will need you to sit in the meeting later", she nodded and left.

Five minutes passed by fast, as Aurora and I await outside the lift on our floor to welcome Mr Douglas. The CEO of the Douglas Inc. responsible for the world-wide top chosen brand for cyber security, locks and security. A man in his 50s but still hold a great influence in this business circle. 

"Mr. Axton, it's a pleasure meeting you again" -I exchanged a firm handshake with Mr. Douglas, "And this beautiful lady here?" He turned to Aurora. Also, a womaniser in his age. Absolutely Disgusting.

"Good afternoon Mr. Douglas, I am Aurora Atticus, Mr. Axton's Personal assistant" She introduced herself confidently. Her confidence is so sexy. 

"Ah, it's so nice meeting you, Ms. Atticus" He looked at her lustfully, and took her hand; giving a peck on the back of her hand. Which era are we at? Medieval times?

I observed her, and she didn't flinch at all.

"Let's get back to the meeting, shall we?" I asked, trying to shake off the irritation that's growing.

******

Aurora Atticus's POV

He is assertive, aggressive, domineering, poised... and he is in an extremely bad mood. 

"No deal" His chest heaved in anger, "Our hotel have always focused strongly on its securities. I will not have you tell me that only the superior and premier rooms will get these benefits. If you do not have enough stocks, then manufacture it ASAP. If anything, Mr. Douglas, trust me when i say-" He continued on with his point. His ethic is strong, he is responsible. It is no wonder that he could build a hotel empire across the world, and owning the world's biggest chain of branded hotels all before his 25th birthday. It is impressive and admirable.

The meeting continued on for another half an hour, until Mr. Douglas had to stand down and agrees to Aomine's demands. Despite their unhappiness, i respect their professionalism. We stood outside the lift before Mr. Douglas turned to to me, when the door lift opens.

"Goodbye, Ms. Atticus" Mr. Douglas took a step forward, "For now" He round me up in a quick hug with a kiss on both of my cheeks. Keep it professional, Aurora. I smiled as he entered, and the lift door closes. 

"You" Mr. Axton pointed at me, his eyes burning with anger.  "Come into my office. Now" He barked. 

What could it be? 

*************

a/n

Is it too fast? Give me advice/feedback guys! Thanks~~

And thank you so much for supporting this book. so much love xx

+30 votes for another chapter!