Chapter One: Porcelain

Start from the beginning

"Where'r you going?" He shouted after her, "You can't just leave me here!"

She ignored him.

When she got to the collection of his things, she crouched down, swiping the doll up from the ground. 

She had been wrong about it being a teddy bear.

The longer she stared at the doll, the more familiar it became to her, and within her, she felt a spark begin to alight and her blood began to boil.

Curly brown hair, which was now patchy in some places, and striking green eyes. Made of porcelain.

She hadn't seen it in years, or thought about it - hell, she hadn't even remembered it until now.

She squinted, and returned to her feet instantly, running over to the pit, the doll clutched in one hand as the other worked to free her whip.

Without saying a word, she lashed her whip out, striking the man in the face.

"How did you get this?" She screamed down at him, her voice darkened as she felt her anger building within her, "Where did you find it?"

He yelped in surprise, bringing a hand up to nurse his cheek, "What the hell are you talking about?"

"This doll!" She shrieked, "It doesn't belong to you! Where did you get it?" 

"Wha-" He started but she cracked her whip on him again, working it so that it wrapped around his body.

"Open, gate of the Golden Bull: Taurus!" She whipped out the key in a rush.

When he appeared, before he even had the chance to say anything, Lucy handed him the whip.

"Pull him up!" 

Taurus caught on to the urgency in her voice, and did as she said, yanking the man out of the pit that Virgo had dug.

Lucy softened as her spirit turned to smile at her, "Anything else I can help you with, Miss Lucy?"

She shook her head, "Thank you."

She took hold of the whip's handle once more as Taurus disappeared, and pulled on it tight, constricting the tool further around the man's chest.

"This,"  She all but growled, holding out the doll, "Where did you get this?"

He moaned in pain, his face scrunched up. Through the expression, though, Lucy could see his smirk.

"A friend gave it to me," He spat, "What's it to you?"

She narrowed her eyes, "Tell me the truth!"

"What's it to ya, fairy?" He paused to let out a cough, "That doll there's got nothing to do with you."

"Elara Abbey," Her words came slowly, but fiercely as she remembered her friend clearly for the first time in years, "This belongs to her. It doesn't belong to you!"

"So, tell me," She tightened her grip on the whip's handle, "How did you get your hands on it?"

Suddenly, he enveloped himself in his magic, and Lucy watched as her whip suddenly uncoiled itself from around him at his will. 

He brought himself to his feet, fists clenched at his sides, a wicked sneer on his face, "Elara's put us through a lot of hell, so I think it'd best be wise of you to give that back. Wouldn't want to get hurt, now, would you?"

What did he mean by that? What could she have possibly done to piss off a dark guild?

"Where is she?" Lucy held her ground, her grip on the doll remaining firm.