Chapter One: Porcelain

Alright, guys. This is where the plot really kicks off and things start to happen - just a heads up, this fanfic is going to be a part of a series...a particularly long one. Special thanks to everyone who reads, votes and comments!

XOXOXO

"Why'd I have to get stuck chasing this guy?" Lucy grumbled to herself as she ran wildly through the woods in pursuit of one of the dark wizards that her and the team had been paid to capture.

In the distance, she could hear Natsu's fire exploding, and she knew that whoever he had moved on to fight was in trouble. She just hoped he didn't take it too far - he always did, and for some reason, her rent money always seemed to take the blame for it. 

"You'll never catch me, stupid fairy!" The guy taunted, leaping into the air just as a tree fell in Lucy's path.

Lucy braced herself, placing her hands onto the tree and jumping over it - clearing it with ease.

"Oh really?" She whispered to herself, "This guy must think he's something special, huh?"

He stopped, turning to look at her, his fists glowing purple with magic energy. 

"You and your friends are really gonna regret messing with us," He sneered, "We're not the type to take attacks lightly."

A crash sounded in the distance, and Lucy smirked.

"Sounds to me like your guild is the one who's really paying the price." She reached to grab for her keys, "So, tell me, what exactly are you here for?"

He clenched his fists, glaring, "Now why would I tell you that?"

She glanced at his fists, and the still developing magic power growing on them, and made her move.

"Open, gate of the Maiden: Virgo!" She cried, swinging her key in her arm in a form of command.

The bubble-gum haired spirit appeared between the two of them and immediately turned to Lucy.

"Is there anything I can help you with, Princess?" She asked.

"Princess?" The dark wizard mocked.

Lucy blushed, "You think you could trap him?"

"Of course, Princess!" Virgo tunneled into the ground without another word, just as the man sent a bolt of his magic at her.

Lucy dove out of the way just as Virgo appeared before him.

"A celestial mage, huh?" He tutted, "I've had enough of your kind!"

Lucy didn't have time to be confused at his comment as he prepared to send another shot, but Virgo was quicker, she tunneled into the ground once more, and Lucy watched as the ground beneath his feet suddenly disappeared. Virgo had created a pit. He let out a loud thud as he crashed down, and she saw his bag go flying.

Virgo appeared once more at her side.

"Is there anything else you need, Princess?" She bowed her head.

Lucy felt a bead of sweat drop on her forehead, "No, thank you. You can head back now."

Virgo nodded, fading out of sight, "Very well, Princess." 

"I bet you've really had enough of my kind, now!" Lucy exclaimed, walking over to the pit.

He glared up at her, "Screw you, fairy. When I get out of here I'll-"

"You'll what?" She returned the expression, "This is what you get when you mess with Fairy Tail!"

In the distance, she saw his bag, nearly all of its contents laying strewn out of it. What got her, though, was a larger object, that looked almost as if it could be a teddy bear. She couldn't be sure though, with how far away it was, so she let curiosity get the best of her and decided to go over and investigate.