Chapter 9

Emily's PoV

It's been another week and my situation hadn't got much better. I couldn't keep down the animal blood and everyone was beginning to worry about me, since my health was severely damaged.

Carlisle was hesitant to give me any human blood but thought that it would might be the only way to get me through the pregnancy. He went out at stocked up dramatically knowing that I might have to have a blood bag a day.

I was currently sat on the sofa when Carlisle walks in and tells everyone to leave. Jasper refuses to leave but Alice persuades him to go so he didn't have to feel uncomfortable with the blood scent.

Once they all left Carlisle handed me a blood bag.

"I want to test a theory," he informs me.

"You want me to drink human blood," I say looking at him.

"You said that you have been craving it, I want to see if it improves your condition," he states.

I nod understanding where he was coming from. I looked at the blood bag.

"Is there anyway I could drink this from a cup or something," I ask.

He nods leaving the room with the blood bag. Seconds later he returns with a cup.

I take the cup from his hand and take a small sip. The huge burning sensation completely disappeared and I could feel my body regaining it's energy.

I then continued drinking it until I had finished the cup. By that time I felt so much better.

"How do you feel?" Carlisle asks me.

"I feel a lot stronger than before and the burning sensation has disappeared completely," I respond.

"Well you look a lot better but unfortunately your eyes have started to turn red again but that will change once you have given birth," he tells me.

I nod, "so I can revert back to the animal diet then."

"Yes but with help from the rest of us," Carlisle says,"also you will have to be careful of Bella. You have to have someone around when your with her just in case."

I nod in response.

  »»-----------------~~~<>~~~ -----------------««  

The next day I received a phone call from my sister.

"Bella, is everything alright?" I ask her.

"Well I'm not sure," she responds.

"What do you mean?" I question.

"I think I'm pregnant," she states.

The line goes quiet for a few seconds.

"How are you feeling?" I asked shocked.

"Your not angry that I'm pregnant," Bella says clearly scared of my reaction.

"Why would I be angry. I'm also in a similar situation to you," I respond.

"Wait---your pregnant too," she gasps.

"Yes, my body has kind of reverted back to its human state but I still have vampire traits, like having to drink blood," I inform her.

"It must be a lot to take in. When did you find out?" She asks me.

"After you left for your honeymoon. I collapsed and passed out for three days. Obviously that was when my body reverted slightly. I have been told that I may not make it out alive but I have pretty decent chance," I tell her, "I will protect my baby at all costs."

"I know what you mean. I feel like Edward is against me, he wants to get rid of it but I want to protect my baby," she informs me.

"Bella Edward is just probably concerned, just like Jasper. He loves you but doesn't understand what we are feeling. When you get back I will help look after you, so will Rose," I reply.

"Rose?"

"Yeah, she has always wanted a baby. She would do anything to help protect us and back up our decision," I tell her.

"Anyway, where are you now?" I ask.

"About to get on the plane. Edward is sorting some things out," she tells me.

"Well before you get on, call Rose," I say.

"Yeah, sure."

"Stay safe Bells, I love you always and forever," I say.

"I will. Love you too."

Then the line went dead.

  »»-----------------~~~<>~~~ -----------------««  

I was currently sat on the sofa when I heard Bella and Edward come in. They walked up into the living room to find everyone staring at them.

The moment I saw my sister I quickly got up, with a little help from Rose and moved to hug Bella. Everyone watched cautiously.

We embraced few a few minutes before separating.

She glanced down at my bump, "well you weren't kidding when you said that you were pregnant."

"Well neither are you," I say.

"One question, why are your eyes bright red?" She asks me. Edward notices and immediately stands next to Bella protectively.

I glared at Edward, "I'm not going to hurt her asshole. Unfortunately my pregnancy is extremely messed up and I can't keep down any animal blood or food, so I'm having to drink human blood or I die."

His expression softened slightly as did Bella's, "sorry Emily. I just wasn't sure on your situation. Nobody told me you were pregnant or about the blood thing."

"It's fine, just know you can't convince me not to have this baby. It's my choice just like it's Bella's choice," I say, "besides it's nobody's fault it takes two to make a baby."

"How do you even know that it's a baby?" Edwards asks.

"How do you know it's not?" I retort.

Bella immediately stood between us to shut us up. I quickly went back over to the sofa and sat down. Bella moved to sit next to me and I rested my head on her shoulders. Seconds later I was fast asleep cuddled up against her.