Chapter 11

Emily's PoV

"Sam's lost the element of surprise and he doesn't want to take you on outnumbered,so he's not gonna come at you head on," Jake explains,"he's got the place surrounded and he'll wait for his opportunity."

"We won't make it through without a fight," Emmett states.

Carlisle turns, "no fights, we won't be the ones to break the treaty."

"The treaty is void, at least in Sam's mind," Jake informs us.

"Not in ours," Esme states.

"Carlisle no one's hunted in weeks," Caleb informs us.

"We'll make do," Esme says.

"You've done us a great service Jacob, thank you," Carlisle informs him.

I look around and notice Jasper look at me.

"I think I'm gonna go and check on Bella," I say.

Everyone nods as I stand up.

Suddenly I feel a huge kick in my stomach and fall back into the sofa in surprise.

Jasper and Carlisle are immediately by my side.

Breathing heavily I start to speak," I'm fine, the baby kicked, that's all and I wasn't expecting it."

"It looks as though it won't be long for you now Emily, be careful and stay with Bella at all times," Carlisle informs me.

I go to stand up again and surprisingly Jasper helps support me, I look up at him shocked that he is actually helping me. We haven't spoken or touched since everything has happened, in fact he avoided me constantly. I wonder what changed.

I smile holding his hand tightly, as he leads me into the other room where Bella is sat on the sofa.

He kisses my cheek before speeding away. I walk over to Bella and sit down.

"That's the most attention I have hand from him in weeks," I state.

Bella smiles, "at least your finally getting somewhere."

"Edward will come around Bella, I promise," I tell her.

She nods slightly and we then cuddle up to each other, falling asleep.

  »»-----------------~~~<>~~~ -----------------««  

A few days go by and me and the Cullen's listen to Edward shout at Bella as the baby is slowly killing her.

He slams the door and walks into the living room, immediately regretting it.

He stares at me and I have an extremely pissed expression.

"I may be slightly more human but I can still hear," I tell him coldly.

He turns to leave but I vamp speed towards him and grab his arm forcing him to face me.

"Emily, you shouldn't have moved that fast," he tells me.

"Well then why don't you listen to me and I won't have to," I state.

He goes silent.

"I know what your feeling if Bella doesn't make it you aren't the only one that loves her who is going to lose her," I say gently, "she's my sister, I grew up with her, shared everything with her. I can't bare the thought of losing her but I'm not gonna make her feel shit and guilty in the build up. You should be cherishing every moment with her. Just remember the vow you made to each other."

With that I walk out of the living room and towards Bella. I find her laying on the bed crying to herself. I walk up to her and hug her as best I can.

"Shhh, Bella, I'm not gonna leave you, I know you'll fight as hard as you can. And I will protect you child and mine forever if you don't make it. You have to promise me that you'll do the same for me," I say. She nods.

"I promise."

"Now how about we go and have a shower, watch a movie and then go to sleep," I state.

She nods, "I would like that."

I call out to Rose to start a shower. We both help Bella there and Rose insists on helping her while I go to the living room in search of a movie.

"What are you doing?" I hear someone state.

I look to find Jasper stood by the entrance watching me shuffle around looking for a DVD.

"Looking for the Notebook," I say, "it's mine and Bella's favourite movie. And I thought it would be a good way to relax and take our mind of things."

He nods before moving over to the cabinet and pulling out the DVD. He hands it to me before turning to leave.

"Jasper wait," I say.

He stops and faces me.

"I'm sorry that I have shut you out," I say, "I was scared and didn't know what to do. You were avoiding me as well and it made me feel so alone."

He stares at me.

I look up at him, "and I don't want to be alone anymore, Jasper."

He moves so he is right in front of me.

He stares into my Red eyes and places his hand on my stomach and the other on my cheek.

"I never wanted you to feel alone, I'm sorry too," he breathes onto my face, "I love you..

He suddenly closes the distance between us and places a soft but passionate kiss on my lips, cherishing the moment.

He pulls away and smiles at me, I smile back, "I love you too".

He turns and sees Bella and Rose entering the room. He kisses my lips again before speeding off into another room leaving me dumbfounded.

  »»-----------------~~~<>~~~ -----------------««  

Bella and I then cuddle up on the sofa together and watch the notebook like old times, except this time we look eight months pregnant.