Chapter 3

The Victorian

A few days past and I had brought Hobbson's name up to the boys, who then tried to get me to talk to her out of class, but every time I did I got nervous. Until one day toward the end of August she sat facing me in English and asked me boldly.

"Do you want to hang out today, at my house?" She stared at me with big bright eyes. I must of given her a shocked look cause she said. "Not trying to freak you out or anything, just can't remain a loner for much longer. Mom is getting on my case to bring friends home."

"Could I bring a few friends?"

"Definitely. I don't care, my dad will be home he's an architect. Yeah sure."

"Haha okay, after school meet my friends and I by the Flag pole and we'll head to your house." I said. She nodded and we both continued with our day.

I texted the boys to meet me by the flag pole after school, and I told them our plan on hanging out with the new girl, Hob.

When the bell rang I grabbed my bag and ran down the stairs. The flag pole had a round cement block that was a flowerbed and on the outside was a bench that was a full circle. I sat down and waited. When Ashton's thunderous voice came from across the court yard and he said.

"Aye man! Where's your little lass?" I grinned and shrugged.

"Dude, are you gonna ask her out or something?" Asked Matt.

"No we're just friends."

"That's how it starts bro." Said Ashton as they were just a few feet away from me.

"Whatever." I said grinning. Ashton sat down but Matt remained standing.

"Where is she?" He asked as his thick accent coated his words. I nudged my head up.

"There." I said. They both turned to see her, her red cape flowing in the wind behind her, and her curves were shown, not perfect but still beautiful. Her tee shirt today was a pastel pink with a Unicorn on it, her jeans a dark purple and combat boots finishing off the get up.

"Hey." I said.

"Hey." She added. As she stopped and put her hood down she looked at us with those killer blue eyes.

"Hobbson, this is Ashton, and Matt... Two of my best friends." I motioned to them and they both nodded.

"Hey Hobs- Do you mind if I call you Hobs?"

"Go for it." She smiled and Matt smiled and said.

"I'm Matt... Nice to meet you Hobbson." He held his hand out and she shook it.

"Yeah, that would be fun... My mom won't be home for a bit but my dad probably is."

"Sounds cool. What do your parents do? If you don't mind me asking?" Matt asked as we started walking for my car.

"Oh well, my mom is an artist, my dad an architect. Both write on their free time though." She said getting in the car. I made the boys sit in the back and let Hobs sit in the front.

I started driving out of the parking lot onto the main road. She had told me the direction I needed to go, and I knew the general area just off from the train tracks on the West side of town, far away from my own house.

"Cool, my dad is a Lawyer, mom was a policewoman but is retired from a shot in the arm." I said. Hobs nodded a long with what I was saying.

"What do your parents do?" She asked the boys. Matt sat up almost in the center of us and said.