I know that sent an alert to Taureen's wrist comm. I also bet that he is checking my tracking chip to see if it was Aeria leaving with me or someone breaking in while we were still inside. I wonder if Aeria is aware of the silent alarm on that door? Probably not.

Aeria walked to the small park and let me explore on the leash. I found it amusing to tangle my leash really good a few times. After a while, I got bored of such things, and we moved on. I found myself looking at every Kymari as if expecting to see Taureen. My head is so messed up. I don't even want to think what I will be like in a couple of years.

We walked through another park. As Aeria walked down a long series of stairs, I realized that this was the park by the city wall that Drake had tried to hide in. I hadn't been in this one before, and I gazed around with interest. The plants and trails looked more untouched and wilder, much like the untouched sections of forest in the main park.

I craned my head to examine the huge trees. I think I will have to see if Taureen will bring me here one day to explore. I knew what the answer would be if I asked. I got almost anything I wanted.

I glanced over as a Kymari male approached Aeria. He greeted Aeria, "How are you doing today?"

Aeria gave him a polite nod. "Doing well, Draven. What brings you through this park?"

"I just got off shift and was passing through since this trail is the shortest path between my post on the wall and the main city. I wasn't aware that you had a fire lizard."

"She is Taureen's. He got called offworld, and she isn't cleared to leave the planet. I am looking after her for him."

He looked at me in curiosity. "He doesn't mind you taking her out?"

She shook her head. "No," she replied. "It seems to distract her from missing him so badly."

Draven thought for a moment. "Mind if I walk with you? It has been a while since I have walked through this park."

She considered it before responding, "I don't see why not. I was just going to walk along various walking trails and see what Tasha thinks of them. Hopefully, it will distract her."

They started walking along the path. There were a few oddly-narrow steps in the path ahead, and he reached out as if to touch her elbow to help her down them. Hell with that idea buddy. I leaned down and snapped at his hand with a growl. He pulled his hand back swiftly, and looked at Aeria with a raised eyebrow.

She shrugged slightly as she walked down the few steps gracefully. "Sorry. Tasha reacts to most people like that."

She didn't seem that sorry to me. Draven walked with courteous distance between us as we continued along the pathway. They spoke about various acquaintances they knew, and it sounded like it was mostly about the ones who moved between planets. Draven asked if she planned on remaining on this planet for the foreseeable future.

Aeria gestured with a hand in the direction of the city with a soft smile. "I believe so. The weather here is mild compared to where I grew up. Most of my family is also here, and they plan to remain."

I noticed that the hand she used had her bracelet on, like a subtle hint that she had another reason to remain. Draven's eyes lingered on it for a few seconds, as if just noticing its presence.

We continued walking down the paths, heading deeper and deeper into the ravine. They paused occasionally to let me down and explore. Aeria seemed to be enjoying herself, and Draven had relaxed a bit as he also gazed at the scenery.

Aeria allowed me to go on the grass once more. I took a deep appreciative breath of the forest air before I crawled under a small shrub, once more tangling my leash up in the branches. The scents of the Kymari and their civilization were much fainter out here, and it reminded me of the days in the main park.