"Mija"

Skylars p.o.v
"Michaels. You're done. Inside." I dropped my gloves on the ground and got up. Grabbing them, I trudged inside.

I walked into my block and immediately went to the Hispanic lady's bunk.

"What did you want" I said, standing at the edge of her bed.

"Sit."

"How do I know you're not going to kill me? Fuck that"

"Sit. Down" she started raising her voice. I hated when people raised their voice at me, so I sat.

"Listen. I know you have a little gang thing going here, but I want to know why. Why are you truly here." I stared at her.

"I told you why I was here. Drugs-"

"Yes" she interrupted me. "I know what you did to get in here. But why?"

I didn't know how to answer her question. I sat with my legs crossed and I played with the hem of my shirt. If i tell her, i won't be the badass that I am.

"None of your business".

"Listen here Mija,You're going to tell me. I'm not going to tell anyone. You can continue your little show for everyone. We all know you're a badass. We all know that you can fight. You made it clear. I'm just here for you to talk to."

"Why?"

"I see something in you. You're smarter than anyone in this block. You have potential. I know you grew up in the ghetto. It's obvious."

I sighed, and began to tell her my story.

"It all started out when I lived in New York.."

Hey guys! This is just a filler, I know I'm a terrible writer. So much has been happening in my life, but I have a free period today so I'm gonna try to for two updates. You guys deserve it since you've put up with my irregular updates. A lot will be happening after chapter 10 or 11. Don't forget to comment/vote!!

~Maddieeee