Chapter 32: A Meeting with Snow

I wake up before Cato and try not to wake him as I get out of bed. Then a strong arm around my waist and it's Cato's. He turns me around and gives me a huge kiss. After all of that I take a shower and get dressed. We walk together into the dining room for breakfast. Our mentors have left because the Games' season is over. Now the only person with us is Wilma.

"Good morning love birds" she states.

"What are we doing?" I ask.

"Remember Clover. Tonight is the dinner with Snow" Cato states. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I was in a daze when you were talking yesterday I guess" I recover.

"Okay let's eat" Wilma says clapping as avoxes bring us our food. We have Crepes and fruit with a side of a yogurt parfait for each of us.

"When you're done eating head to your room you stylists should be there to prepare you", Wilma states clearly.

"Okay thank you Wilma" I say sincerely.

We finish up and head down the hall. Me and Cato split at his room and I head forward as he turns left.

"Good morning" Steph says ushering me to a chair. "Today you must be simple and elegant for Snow's meeting"

She does my hair to keep it out of the way and Criy starts on my make-up. Sabille starts on my nails and when Criy's done starts on my hair. They braid my hair into an elegant infinity braid. My make-up is light with hints of gold every where.

"Here's your dress" Steph states. It's an all black dress. But it's fancier than that. There are gold beads every once in a while.

"Oh I love it!" I say and quickly get changed. I put a necklace on and re-put my knife in my leg strap.

"Time to go" Steph says and ushers me out the door.

"Bye" I say giving her a hug. Cato's waiting out side for me. 

"Ooh la la" he says.

"Oh shut up" I say punching him playfully in the chest. He has nice abs.

"Come on, we're gonna be late" he says rushing me through doors, hall ways and up stairs. We finally arrive at the door of Snow's office.

"Don't you look great" I say to Katniss and we hug. She is wearing an all black dress also but it has some red on the collar.

"Okay let's go" Wilma and Effie (district 12's mentor) say simultaneously. "Chins up and smiles on... I'm talking to you Katniss" Effie says alone this time.

"Please sit down" Snow says as we sit in a long table in the center of his office.

"So as you know you all have won the Hunger Games. That is unheard of. Four Victors, You are giving the people hope. A certain hope that may turn deadly. For you, your family, your friends even complete strangers are at risk" he states. his office smells of roses. Lots of roses. "You must remove this hope. You must be on my side. Are we understood?". He continues to talk but I zone out, my brain buzzing. The strong smell of roses is making me sick. He glances over to me, expectantly, and I fill in the blank.

"Yes sir" I say. We are escorted out. When we are far enough.

"What did I agree on?" I ask.

"How do you not know?"Katniss responds to my question with another question.

"No my question first" I say "but I was distracted.

"You agreed not to do any thing 'rebellious' in the Tour before the next games. Ever" Cato replies.

"Ever. What did we do in the first place." I think, to myself

We all go to the train where we are assigned new rooms and go to sleep. I take off my dress and jewelry and slip into Cato's bed. I cover myself up and try to resemble a pile of pillows. Cato crawls into bed and I scare the living daylights out of him.

'Holy shit. Clove. Don't do that. You almost killed me" he says and I stop him by giving me a kiss. I rest my head on his muscular chest and drift into a peaceful sleep.