Chapter 3: Career Training

I was training with spears. I couldn't the hang of it. But that was kind of on purpose so that Cato would help me. It took him a while to get my hint.

"You need help with that" he asked. I only smile.

"Yes please, I want to learn how to be just like you" I say cheerfully.

"Well than gain about 70 pounds and get two older brother and a younger sister to start with" he jokes. I roll my eyes, sometimes he's so dumb that he's annoying. 

"Not like that just how to throw spears like you!" I say trying to act ferocious. Even though Cato knows what I can do with a knife I still am not very intimidating at 5"2'.

He showed me his 'best techniques' and I laugh, for no apparent reason.

"Ohh so that's how you hold it" I say but I already knew that. Only trying to keep him with me. I think every body knows I like him. I make it a little too obvious sometimes. 

" 1 hour until the Reaping, If you need to change or shower please do so now" Gunnar directs, stepping out of his office briefly. 

I almost forgot that today is the day that a young man and a young woman will be sent to sleigh their enemies and hopefully return to their district. A Victor. I fear this time because if my brother is reaped I cannot volunteer for him. And also if I get reaped with my brother or someone else I love it would shatter me to pieces.

But if it were to be Cato I would make he got home no matter what. And that's a promise I will keep.