Chapter 2: You Found Me

I walk casually over to Cato. We've been friends since I was 7, but we became really close since that fateful day. 

~FLASHBACK~

I was walking home from training about 7 or 8 years ago. Martial wasn't yet a career (only about 5) and my older brother, Shyll was walking home with one of his friends Tillson. It was an okay day, not great but not horrible. I could hear footsteps behind me but I thought the person would just pass me because they were going pretty fast.

The next thing I know there's a hand over my mouth and I'm being dragged into an alley. My first instinct was to fight but I had just recently started strategy training and I didn't have a weapon. I kneed my attacker in the stomach.

"Let me go" I screamed "Help! Someone Help" I could feel a tear sliding down my face. He got mad and punched me. I fell to the floor and hit my head on the concrete. My vision was blurry. He was now on top of me with a knife to my face.

"Shh, there.there it won't be long this'll be over before you can tell" He said in an ominous tone. I couldn't see his face for 2 reasons. 1, my brain just got bashed onto the concrete, and 2, it was dark out since training ends at 7:30 p.m.

I could feel his blade carving into my flesh. He began to touch me-like grope me- and I began to sob quietly hoping it wouldn't make him mad. It did. He slapped me once more . " Shut up or this knife is going through your skull and then-"

I heard a loud thud and saw my attacker lying on the ground. He was unconscious. I looked up to see Cato and his older brother standing above me. That's when I finally went unconscious. 

I don't know when I woke up but when I did I was laying on a clean hospital bed. I had no clue why I was there, then it all came back. That's when I heard a calming voice. "Good morning sweet heart, are you okay?" There was a doctor  standing by the opening of the white curtains.

"Why am I here?" I said rubbing my eyes, "Where is my family?".

"You were almost raped, you were saved by these lovely young men." he said, pointing to the corner of the room where I realized that Cato and his brother were standing there. I didn't even notice them until now. They never seemed that sneaky.

"Thank You" I whispered. Not wanting to seem to weak. Careers even at 8 years old, never cry.

"My baby! oh is she going to be okay?" I heard my mom say as a nurse leads her into the room. "She's just fine. Oh she even woke up" the nurse said. She was wearing all white like an angel and a pale complexion to match. He hair was straight, long and beautiful.

"What's that on her neck" my mother asks with a very concerned tone. When she gets concerned that's saying something. "Oh that'a going to be a scar from where her attacker carved into her neck, she can just cover with her hair" the doctor replies. I used to know his name but now I have no clue. It starts with a K or maybe a C.

When I got home a couple days later I decided to learn knife throwing so if I got attacked again I could defend my self. Now I'm the best knife thrower in district 2 or maybe in all of Panem. Well at least my friends say that.

~End of FLASHBACK~