Chapter 26: When Wolves Attack

I don't dream of much. We awoken to twenty or so mutation wolves trying to get at our feet.

Katniss and Cato are managing at killing a couple.

"They're trying to get some action. The Capitol is getting blood thirsty" I state. Then I notice that each wolf mutation is representative of a tribute, There are two very small wolves. One has brown fur (Rue) and the other orange (the boy from 4). 

"The wolves are tributes" I exclaim. "Each one represents a fallen tribute"

"Do we just wait?" Peeta asks.

"Cato what should we do" I respond looking into Cato's big blue eyes. But they're turning black. He's mad about something.

"We need to feed them or we won't get out" Cato responds angrily."If you have any meat throw it down now"

"Cato the deer! You have it in your bag" I state, pointing to his bag hanging next to him. "It's very little of a portion but it might satisfy them enough"

He grabs the large chunks of meat from his bag. "Does any one have some rope?" he asks.

"Yeah I do" Katniss states pulling extra our of her bag. "Why?"

"We can get them to eat each other. Just tie like this" He throws the meat on the back of a tribute-wolf. All the 'wolves' attack it and devour its body. 

"Hey do that again on that one" I say pointing. "Look how they let the youngest wolves-Rue and the boy from 4's wolf go first."

"Well that's weird" Cato states tugging at the rope. We do this until there are only 5 wolves. There's Rue's, Marvel's, Glimmer's. Fox-Face's and Thresh's. They have very distinctive characteristics. We feed them the left over deer meat on a string since we know they won't eat a lot. They just ate together 15 wolves. they leave and we wait a while before getting down.

"Okay let's go to the Cornucopia. It's pretty safe" Katniss says.

We walk about half-an-hour to the Cornucopia. We scale the sides and wait. We don't know what we're waiting for but we wait.