CHAPTER 3

I hate having neighbors. If you haven't realized, I don't like meeting new people. So yes, my mothers news didn't excite me at all. Not one bit.

I groaned and stomped up the stairs. We had a pretty large house. Downstairs we had the living room, kitchen, dining room, laundry room and a small common bathroom. Upstairs there were 4 rooms. One was like a storeroom which we had modified for Chip and right next to it was a bathroom. Then there were my, Sebastian and our the masters bedroom.

I got the room with the bathroom. The bathroom wasn't very big but it had a bathtub so I wasn't complaining. It also had a balcony which jutted out over the front door, so I had a perfect view of who came in and went out.

I only got this room because it was small. My double bed was shoved into the corner of the longer wall of my rectangular room, next to which was my wardrobe and next to that the door. Opposite to them was my balcony and bookshelf. On my right there was a window which gave me the view of the room in the other house(new neighbors) and next to the window was my bathroom door. Opposite to them was may study desk.

To tell the truth it was cramped.

But the worst part was that the balconies in the houses of this lane had less width and more length. There was barely a distance of three feet between my balcony and my neighbors balcony. So, guess who lived in the room with the balcony right next to my one?

Ryan.

~*~*~*~

"Get up."

"Noooooo....I wanna sleep" I mumbled snuggling into my bed.

"Nicole Sanders! Get up this instant and start unpacking your boxes!"

"Why?" I whined as my mom yanked the covers of me.

"Because you won't have time tomorrow."

"And why is the?" I asked finally sitting up and leaning against the wall. "I haven't made any plans for tomorrow...."

"But I have. Tomorrow we are going shopping and then you are going to find a new gym so you can continue boxing."

"Then we will find a gym tomorrow and go shopping the next day." I told her confused. No need to do both on the same day right?

"But you need new clothes badly! All you have are full sleeves. If you wear those you could die of heat stroke!" Mom exclaimed.

I rolled my eyes at her exaggeration." Then we can go shopping tomorrow, right?"

"NO! What if ScarNeck finds you before that? And what if no one is there with you? You will be out of practice! He could ki.....hurt you!"

She was hypervilating. Her hands were moving here and there as she spoke and she was trembling slightly.

I got up and put my hands on her shoulder forcing her to stop. I let out a deep sigh as I saw a tear slip down her cheek." Mom, I said softly, "don't worry. I won't let anything happen to me. Don't cry."

"How can you tell me not to worry Nicky? You never talk to me about anything. If you're scared, angry or depressed, you never tell me. Ther wish a murderer out for you! Of course I'm going to worry about you! Especially when you ended up in the hospital three months ago......."

By now she was sobbing. I hugged her tightly, letting her know I was sorry for putting her through all this. Tears pricked my eyes, but I refused to cry.

I spent the last two years of my life wallowing in self pity about my pathetic life. I hated making others cry for me or because of me. So I decided to put on a happy front and bury the memories deep inside.

But it isn't easy to forget the things that shape you.

But that didn't mean I couldn't try. I would try to be the happy bubbly girl I was before, for my family.

"I'm sorry Nicky, I didn't mean to cry. It's just that....." She looked so helpless that I hugged her again and said, "I promise I will take care and try to go back to a normal life. Just so you know, I can't go out of practice just after a 2 week break."

"I don't care you are doing both tomorrow." She said smiling slightly and both of us were silent for some time.

Mom clapped her hands and stood up. "Glad that's over. I'm going to bake cupcakes, so come down after some time."

I immediately brightened up at the thought of my mom's special chocolate cupcakes.

"Chocolate?" I asked hopefully.

"Yes. But you aren't getting any until you unpack atleast three boxes." She added sternly.

"What!? I can't unpack three boxes alone in such a short time!" This is what my parents usually did. Bribe me with food.

"Well you could use Seb's help...." My mom trailed of as I grinned.

My dear brother pushed open the door and stumbled inside. "What! I'm not helping her!"

I stared at him open mouthed, "Were you listening to us this whole time?!"

"Maybe maybe not." He replied cheekily.

I threw a pillow at him which hit him right in the face. I laughed as he glowered at me. He picked up the pillow and tried to through it back at me but mom went and stood in front of him.

"That's enough you two. Seb if you don't help your sister neither of you are getting cupcakes."

"Fine. I'll help her."

"Yay! Let's go bond over boxes!" I exclaimed excitedly as mom went out of the room.

"I'm pretty sure such a thing is not possible..." He grumbled.

But I didn't miss the slight smile on his face.

~*~*~*~

"How I've missed mom's cupcakes" I said. I was lying on the bed while Seb was sitting at its foot.

" I ate like four of them." I said sitting up and looking at him.

"I ate 7 of them." He said a little to proudly. "That's because you're a pig." I snorted.

"No! That's because you made me unpack your books! Why do you even have so many books?" Seb exclaimed.

"Why do you keep glancing out of the window?" I asked curiously as he had been doing that since we entered my room.

"No.....Nothing." he stammered.

"Oh really?" I asked narrowing my eyes at him suspiciously.

"Um yeah, it's nothing. I have to go to the bathroom? Um yup. I have to go pee. Bye!" He slammed the door shut.

I got up and went to the window and peered through it. I could see clearly into the other room, just like Ryan could see into Seb's.

I looked back at the door trying to figure out why Seb kept looking at the window. When I looked back to the window, a face was staring at me.

I backed away from the extremely surprised. "Holy shit!!"

"Um....hi?"