"Let's go, ladies!!" Coach shouted as we got ready for defense. We got into man to man defense. Down low, wit' my hands held high tryin' to get a steal. She held the ball behind her back and above her head. Outta nowhere, Nikki came and grabbed the ball.

Crenshaw fans got hype.

"Good hands, Nikki!" I heard coach shout.

Nikki was ahead of the game. She's a sprinter wit' great coordination and balance.

Finger roll lay-up. Seventy-four to seventy-eight.

There is no calmin' Crenshaw fans down. They're excited and turnt up. They believe that we can win this thing in a minute and fifteen seconds. We prepared to play defense. Man to man defense, again. The ball was brought down the court slowly. They're tryin' to run the clock. They will pass the ball 'til the shot clock runs out. Like expected, they shot from behind the three point line. Our eyes followed the ball.

Brick. I was happy 'til the ball was tipped in.

"Goaltending!" Nearly everyone shouted. The Clemente girls ran down the court.

"Basket is good." The ref said.

"That's some bull-" Kelly started.

"Forget it, Kelly. Let's go." Tati took the ball out and passed it to me. The girls jogged down the court. Everyone is expectin' me to lead the game. Let's go wit' the unexpected. I passed the ball to Aja. I took her position and she took mine. Her defender tried wit' all of her might to steal the ball from her but nothin' worked. Aja crossed her, Allen Iverson style. Behind the three point line, Aja shot.

SWISH! Seventy-seven to eighty.

That's ma dawg!

Crenshaw fans turnt all the way up. Me and Aja high fived each other before headin' down the court to play defense.

"Let's get the ball, ladies! Hands up!" Couch shouted when we got settled in the defensive play. There's forty-five seconds left on the clock. This is crunch time. We worked hard to get the ball. So hard that we drew a foul. A shootin' foul, two shots. The fucked up part is that we fouled the wrong person. Again, we lined up. The first shot we relaxed, she made it. The second shot we boxed out like never before.

Thankfully, she missed. Dominique rebounded the ball. She protected the ball from the defenders.

"Help her!" Coach yelled. I immediately ran to the ball and took it from Dominique. That didn't calm the girls down. Nah. The ran a full court press. That only made me want to play harder and smarter. Instead of switchin' wit' Aja, like they obviously expected now, I switched with Tati. We ran the ball quickly.

Dribble some, run while dribblin', pass.

That's what Tati did. Nikki screened the defender on Tati. Tati got away and passed to Dominique. She tried to pass the ball to me. I'm not open. I want her to shoot, and I didn't want to give that away. A simple nod told her what I wanted to say. Dominique pulled a Kobe Bryant. Makin' her defender believe that she's was goin' run wit' it. She stopped short, stepped back, and quickly prepared herself for the three point shot.

"Shot!!" Clemente yelled. They tried to block the shot, but you can't stop Kobe, boy!

Backboard, nothin' but the bottom of the net. Eighty to eighty-one.

The roars and cheers hyped us up. We can do this in thirty seconds. All we need in a steal and that's it. The crowd seemed to be at the edge of the seats, I imagine. One side is screaming "defense" while clappin'. The other side is screamin' "Clemente".