Princess and the Peasant Boy (S.M. Fairy-Tale)

You laid in your bed, awake in the late hours of the night waiting for him. "He should be here by now." You spoke aloud to yourself.

Then you heard the all too common pebble against your window, it was Shawn. You quickly got out of bed, grabbed your coat, opened your window and smiled down at him. This was becoming routine.

"Rapunzel, let down your hair!" He joked.

You playfully rolled your eyes, "real funny Shawn."

You not-so elegantly climbed out of your window and down into the arms of your peasant boy. It was like a fairy tale. The princess falls for the peasant boy, they sneak out, and ride off in the dead of night. You forgot about the consequences of these meetings when you realized you had fallen in love with Shawn; the poor boy who barely had enough to feed his family or have a proper pair of boots. Him and his people were considered dirt to the royals (basically your family). Although, to you he was your prince on the white horse, saving you from the tower.

 Shawn hopped onto the back of the horse and grabbed your arm pulling you up in one swift movement. "Hold on princess."

You smiled and wrapped your arms tightly around his torso, never wanting to let go. With the click of his tongue, you were off. Your hair flying behind you and the crisp evening air sending a chill down your spine. He made you feel free and alive.

Once at your usual hideout by the rivers edge, he jumped off then lifted you off. He rolled out a blanket for you both to sit on. You cuddled into his warm embrace, his strong arms making you feel safe.

"I know I say this every time but I never expected you to fall for a guy like me."

You kissed his cheek, "Shawn you're my prince, to me your as much royalty as the King himself, I love you."

He smirked and caressed your cheek.

"One day, you'll live at the palace with me, you'll be my king and I'll be your queen."

With that, the rest of the night was spent in comfortable silence. It was the perfect story of the princess and the peasant boy.