Chapter 12: My Baby

Start from the beginning

"I hope he does too. But if he doesn't, I want you to know that doesn't make you any less of an amazing woman." Alex said kissing my forehead and then hugging me tighter.

"I love you Lex." I said in a baby voice in attempt to break the intense mood.

It worked because Alex chuckled and said, "I love you too boo."

Soon after, our hugging fest was interrupted by Alex's phone ringing.

"Hey Ray.....You miss me? Boy please after all that black girl magic I put on you earlier....Hehehe baby, you nasty....No, remember I'm over at Gab's place. She has a doctor's appointment today, she finally let me tag along...Oh shoot, I did forget it at home. Maybe, depending at what time we finish at the doctor's....I'll let you know. Love you too Ray...Boy stop being nasty, I'll show you what this mouth do when I get home. Thanks again, for reminding me babe. Bye-bye."

Once Alex got off the phone, I couldn't contain my laughter. "Black girl magic, seriously Alex." I teased.

"What, I was trying to keep it PG, there is a fetus in the room." Alex said shrugging.

"Whatever, we both know you're not going to be one of them censored aunties." I said giving her the "why you always lying face."

"You right" Alex laughed.

"What did you forget at home?" I asked being nosy.

"Oh just the contract that's allowing me to choreograph Ray's tour. It's also kind of due today. And my birth control. I forgot to take them yesterday and was supposed to take two today."

"Girl you better hightail your butt out of here and turn that contract in. And while you out, go to August and have him switch your birth control. I don't know why Dr. Ferris would put you on the pill after I specifically wrote my recommended form of contraceptive in your case file." I said slightly irritated that the new OB I hired wasn't going by my recommendations.

"But then I'll miss seeing little niece/nephew on the ultrasound screen." Alex whined.

"Girl, your niece/nephew looks like an alien blob right. They'll be more ultrasounds. And for goodness sake, I own the place and I'm a licensed obstetrician. I can perform the ultrasound my damn self. Now go hand in your contract and show your man what that mouth do." I teased.

"Are you sure sissy? I don't want you to go alone."

"Yes, girl. Tre is suppose to be coming and we're going to meet here at the house so I won't be alone. I'll be fine." I assured her.

"Okay, fine. Give me a hug before I go and call me if anything happens or if you want me to beat somebody's ass. Matter of fact, call me when y'all leave the house and FaceTime me during." Alex commanded. Moments like these reminded me that she was such a big sister at times.

"Yes ma'am. Now go!" I shooed her.

____________________________________________________________________________

Four Hours Later

I sighed as I had Kelsey push back the ultrasound appointment for the fifth time in the past two hours.

Tre is over two hours late  and not responding to any of my text messages or calls.

He had not missed an appointment before so I'm torn between feeling worried and pissed off.

I hope he's okay but at the same time I can't believe he'd do something like this especially after our argument.

I filed for legal separation for fuck's sake! Doesn't he realize I was serious? It's either his family or the drugs!