Chapter 17

Okay, I'm going to give a little note before this chapter instead of at the end like I usually do. I know there's been a lot of bad on Harry going on and good for Louis, and it's the same way in this chapter too, but it's about to flip a bit so stay with me! :) xx

~

Harry wakes up early the next morning, the nightmares that kept him up proving to be too much for him. He immediately regrets telling Alice not to worry about him as he feels around the cold covers, sitting up and looking around.

His eyes land on the letters strewn across his floor. He groans and reaches for his phone on his nightstand, turning it on and waiting for Twitter to load.

The first thing in his feed is, of course, a tweet from only Louis himself. Harry takes in a breath and opens the picture that goes with it.

Louis Tomlinson @Louis_Tomlinson babe is looking pretty fine tonight ;) Boston! pic.twitter.com/34SdcwQu

Harry's heart clenches as the picture loads. Louis is laughing with his eyes wrinkled and shining bright, his head thrown back into a laugh as Eleanor's laughing and kissing his cheek. Out behind them, they're holding hands as Louis takes the picture. And it's cute. He looks happy, just as happy as Harry used to make him.

Harry takes his bottom lip between his teeth as he pulls up the "new tweet" box. He thinks about it for a few moments, before his thumbs finally come into contact with the keyboard.

Harry Styles @Harry_Styles It used to be just a feeling, but now I know that I am all alone.

He sighs and throws his phone onto the bed, pushing himself up as his phone starts to buzz. It only ever buzzes when he tweets and it goes crazy for a few solid minutes. He goes over to his dresser and pulls out a pair of skinny jeans and a Ramones tee, putting them on before going to retrieve his phone again.

Fans. Panicked, worried, asking for follows, the lot; he ignores them and stands with his weight balanced on one hip.

As he's scrolling through twitter again, one tweet catches his eye: Louis Tomlinson, Boston, Full Interview.

One hand flutters up to his mouth and he bites the side of his finger as he clicks on the link.

Youtube pops up, and after a short introduction, Louis is sitting there alone in what looks like a dressing room. He has on a hoodie, unzipped to reveal a oddly printed grey T-shirt, his hair combed to the left and stubble littering his chin. Harry feels himself grow nauseous; even though Louis was standing in front of his door the other day, he looked nothing like this. He looked younger. And now, on this screen, he looks rather grown; Harry brushes it off and watches as he answers a few questions.

They're all about his album and his singles, a few about Eleanor and about his friends, and then the worst question Harry could possibly imagine is spoken.

"So Louis, the fans wanted me to ask about you and Harry... what happened?" the interviewer asks.

Louis' eyes drop to his knees and his eyebrows knit together. He thinks for a few seconds and then looks back up and shrugs. "Well," he starts, sighing and flashing a smile. "We came out right after the band broke up, like, literally a few hours before we decided to call it off and we had that interview. A few fans took pictures of us holding hands as we went into the studio and then we broke up there. Like, minutes after."

"What's happened since then?"

"Uh, well..." Louis' eyes flutter shut and then he opens them, focusing on the ground with such intensity Harry is sure there might be someone there.