Chapter 15

The new year passed, Harry's birthday passed, and the world seemed to keep spinning as the same routine was repeated daily for Harry. The weeks of sending and waiting for letters in the evenings after classes seemed to turn into months. Harry had memorized every single line and instrument rhythm in every song on Louis' album, calling occasionally when Louis bought a new phone to listen to him sing it. The fans were devouring the album and, even though it wasn't #1, it had taken a pleasing #6.

Harry sat and hummed out the rhythm as a storm raged on. Alice was up in her room napping, most likely; rainy Sunday afternoons in March were not any fun as it was. So he decided to look back on the letters he'd written, pulling out the box he'd kept all of Louis' letters in, remembering the ones he'd sent to the best of his ability. Starting with the letter he'd recieved with Freefalling Dreams.

Dear Louis,

Make sure you keep your hand in check. Mine is doing just fine. I like writing these letters. I would text, but it's not the same, because it's pretty damn easy to erase a message on mistake, but you can't throw something in the wastebin by mistake.

Now I'm rambling. And no, hands cannot go into cardiac arrest, you royal arse.

The album is too perfect. Each and every song... they're all just so, so beautiful. Even if it's full of guitar riffs and screaming and gunshots and children crying. The lyrics are beautiful, and I'm glad you wrote them; they all come from the heart and that's a wonderful thing. I love you, Louis. The songs that hit me the hardest are definitely I Won't Let You Go, Across the Ocean and A Home With Me. I miss you, but the ocean won't separate us (catch that?)

You better show up here in the States for tour! God Lou, you're a fucking amazing solo artist. I couldn't be prouder, love. Even if I can't go on tour with you, I'll show up to as many shows as I can. Schedule some on the weekends and it's a win-win situation.

I'm sorry about Eleanor. And the car crash, but more than anything I'm sorry about the dates. Remember when you first started them? And all the time, you'd come home crying and I'd have to comfort you until you fell asleep. Just remember; at least you're not trying to pretend to love a total stranger. Fuck the fans who don't believe we're a thing, it's not them that matters, it's us, and if we have supporters then it's even better. I've always loved the Larry shippers, too. Even if we did have to bag on them and pretend they were ruining us. It hurt when we had to do that to them. I love them so much. We can never, ever repay our girls, Lou.

I'll come home soon, Lou. I'm waiting for your reply.

- Harry x

Gradually, the letters began to come less frequently. Harry would wait weeks for replies instead of days, and the letters got shorter. Harry began to panic, but he cherished what he had; Louis was preparing for a tour, he couldn't spend all his time on Harry.

Dear Harry,

I'm glad you liked the album! Now, do you want to hear something really cool? Even if you don't I'm going to tell you anyway because I'm not waiting for you to answer before I tell you. I can't anyway. Anyway.

The album went from #6 to #2 in a week, the fans have kept #AcrossTheOceanFromHarry trending all week on twitter, and I've managed to get a show planned for Boston in.... May, maybe April or something of next year? I'll probably cry when I sing Across the Ocean and you're in the front row. Hopefully you're on stage. That would be better. I love you.

The dates with Eleanor are getting scary. We've become really great friends and I don't think that's a good thing. I mean, it is, but I'm scared I'm gunna start liking her and that's not going to be good! Don't worry. I'm gay. Err, bisexual. Yeah- I like girls too, like I liked Hannah, but that's beside the point. I need you around. Going home to an empty flat is getting so... depressing. I miss you around.