THE 15TH OF DECEMBER

The 15th of December

...

"Where the fuck?" Rob mumbles under his breath as he realises he doesn't know where his phone is. He thinks back, trying to remember where he last had it. He hasn't had it anytime today. However, he doesn't recall missing it yesterday, but he was quite... busy.

Rob closes his eyes, thinking. When he realises the last time he had his phone was at Kristen's place, he sighs deeply. "You gotta be kidding me."

Grabbing the jacket on the table, he puts it on and walks out of the trailer.

...

"Hi," Kristen greets, her face hardening when she sees it's him. Nice.

"Hey. Do you have my phone? I forgot it at your place," he says, looking anywhere but at her.

"Oh yeah, sorry, I completely forgot it yesterday," she mumbles. He swallows. She leaves the doorway of the trailer and goes to find the phone. "Come in," she offers, and he raises his eyebrows questioningly even though she has her back to him. He enters the trailer.

He stands as close to the door as he possibly can, closing it behind him. She searches under the piles on the table, and when she doesn't find it there, she looks in a bag on the floor. A minute later, she gets up, his phone in her hand.

"Here," she says, handing it to him.

"Thanks," he mumbles, clicking the home button to see the screen. He's met with a notification about a message from his mum and a picture of a smiling Marlowe.

"Well, there's your phone. So if there isn't anything else, I suggest you leave," she says, her voice laced with deep annoyance. Rob grits his teeth looking up at her.

"You don't have to be such an arse," he says, a little startled by his own words as they leave his mouth.

She furrows her brow. "What the fuck, Rob?"

"What the fuck, yourself. Are you just going to pretend nothing happened?" He asks her, his fury building.

"I'm not pretending that nothing happened! Something happened, but it was just sex."

He snorts. Just sex. "It's funny, that's also what you said when we fucked the first time. Was that just sex too, Kristen?"

Her mouth opens slightly in shock. Two or three times, she's admitted that the first they slept together, was when she realised she was in love with him.

"You know that was different," she says, wrapping her arms around herself. "Yesterday was just two exes-

"Falling into bed together, I did hear you, Kristen."

There's silence for second, apart from their breaths.

"Did it mean nothing to you?" He asks, his chest slowly starting to ache. Looking at her, he takes deep breaths, trying to control his anger and his pain. "Look into my eyes, and tell me it mean-"

"It meant nothing to me," she says, quickly lifting her head.

"Why?" He asks through his teeth, his breaths quickening.

"Because, it was just sex," she states slowly like she was explaining it for the fifteenth time. "We're just co-stars, Rob. Does it have to be such a big deal?"

"Just co-stars," he mutters, shaking his head. "Are you blind, Kristen? We're co-stars, but we're not just co-stars. We used to date each other - we used to fucking love each other."

"Used to," she emphasises, glaring at him.

They stare at each other, both breathing deeply.

"Is it because I'm a guy?" He then asks. "Is it because you were gay all along? Is that why you left? Because you started falling in love with girls? Is that why you leave after we have sex? Because I don't have a snatch?" He lets her take in his words, before he continues. "I'm a guy, Kristen, if rainbows and Pride parades are what you want, maybe you should go fuck Lucy instead."

With those being his last words, Rob leaves Kristen's trailer.

...

"It wasn't just sex, you know?"

She adjusts her head on his chest, gently stroking his skin with her fingers.

"Hmm?" He asks, after placing a kiss on top of her messy hair.

"Do you remember our first time?"

He hums, pretending he's thinking. "No, I'm sorry, it's completely gone."

"You're an ass," she says, lightly punching his chest as they both chuckle.

"Mmm, talking about arses, have I mentioned how fond I am of yours?" He says with a smirk, his hand gliding down to her bum.

"Not within the past couple of seconds," she says, smiling as he traces patterns on her skin.

"Big mistake. You have a lovely arse, Kristen," he whispers as he bends down to kiss her.

When they pull apart, she returns to her position, putting her head on his chest.

"You were talking about our first time," he reminds her, his hands lazily playing with her hair.

"Yeah," she says. "Do you remember what I said afterwards?"

"That I was the best you ever had?" He replies cockily.

"You're so annoying post-orgasm," she mutters with her lips against his upper chest, a small smile spreading on her face; she can't help it. "And that was the second time."

"And the third."

"Hey now, I said no one had never made me c- you know what, that is completely beside the point."

"What is the point?" He asks, kissing her temple.

"I said that it was just sex. Do you remember?"

His chest clenches slightly by the memory. He pulls Kristen closer to his body, reminding himself.

"Yeah."

"It wasn't. It was much more than sex," she tells him. He looks down at her, surprised by her confession.

"That night-" she says, taking a deep breath. "-was the night, I realised, that I-that I was in love with you."

He adjusts them so they can look into each other's eyes.

"You realise why I couldn't tell you that back then, right?" She asks, a little nervous he'll be mad at her.

He nods with a smile, placing two kisses on the tip of her nose.

"It wasn't just sex?" He asks, still processing the new information.

She smiles, shaking her head lightly.

"It can never be just sex with you, Rob."