THE 11TH OF DECEMBER

The 11th of December

...

"You have green eyes," Daniel points out.

She looks at him, waiting for him to continue.

"It's the colour of hope, of happiness, nature and freshness."

She takes a sip of her coffee and looks out on the street.

"It's also the colour of guilt. And envy," she reminds him.

"Right. The green eyed monster. Should I be afraid of you, Chloe?"

Her eyebrows lift in surprise by the sound of her name on his lips.

"So afraid," she says, her voice deep, the cup covering half of her face as she watches people walking busily by the café.

"You're dangerous, 'cause you're honest," he cites, eyeing her figure.

"You're dangerous, you don't know what you want," she continues in a murmur, glancing at him before returning her gaze to the busy street.

The corner of his mouth lifts, forming a crooked smile.

"I want you," he says, his eyes locked on her face.

She takes a sip of her coffee.

"A woman needs a man like a fish needs a bicycle," she responds, her gaze still fixed on the wet pavement.

"All you need is love," Daniel states.

Chloe pauses, thinking.

"Unforgivable."

"The Beatles? Or clichées?"

She pauses for a second, thinking.

"Both. And the fact that you mix them with the greatest poets of mankind."

"U2 is a rock band."

"And Shakespeare did nothing but brush a pen across paper."

He smiles again.

"I think I'm in love with you," he confesses.

"Like the colour of the sea," she says, turning her head to look at him. "Love is an illusion."

"Love is like the colour of the sea," Daniel agrees. "But the colour of the sea is not an illusion. It's a reflection."

"So is the image in the mirror. Yet it's reversed, a distortion of the truth."

"And cut!"

As Steph calls for a break, Rob and Kristen slowly slip out of character; as Rob runs his hand through his hair, Kristen's foot starts to tap on the wooden floor of the studio. As they look at each other, they smile, enjoying the time they're spending together as they film together.

Kristen finishes her coffee, two hands on the cup as Rob continues to smile at her. She asks him what's wrong, which makes him smile even more.

"I forgot just how good it feels to do... this", he whispers, waving his hands around to signify the film set they're currently sitting in. The hand that was in his hair moves to her shoulder, as he leans down to whisper in her ear. "You're so good at this. I can't believe it took us so long to work together again."

Kristen shivers at the touch of his warm hand against her shoulder, even though she's wearing three layers due to the cold weather outside. She quickly sips her coffee, trying not to remember all the times his hands have been... elsewhere on her body.