Chapter Four-Bad Impressions

OMG GUYS 30 VIEWS??? :O THANK YOU SO MUCHHHHHHHHHHHHH! It's nice to know that someone is actually reading this XD If you're new please follow me and vote if you like the book! And of course comment your ideas and maybe I will add them in :)

And by the way, I have updated the book cover! Tell me in the comments if you like it! :3

STAY AWESOME MY LIL' LEEMAS XD

P.S That's probably what I'm calling you guys now  

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I woke up by a sound of Phoebe's moan and felt a sudden sharp pain in my lower back. "GET UP ALREADY! SQUIRM YOUR LITTLE BUTT, QUICK! WE ARE LATE!" Phoebe clapped. "Good morning to you too." I sighed."I also just annoyingly realised my back! It hurts badly!" I groaned in pain. "WE DON'T CARE RIGHT NOW, DO WE CAMI?!" Phoebe shouted across the dorm as I slowly edged off of the couch. "Well, a sore back would get worse if you do nothing and put movement onto it and could cause other body parts to-" Cami's British voice was interrupted by the very loud sound of Phoebe's holler. "FORGET I SAID ANYTHING CAMI." Phoebe sighed while rushing me off to the shower, then dashing back into her section of the dorm.

 Meanwhile, in the shower, I randomly picked a bottle that looked and smelled like body wash and rubbed it all over me. After all, there was no time to examine every single container along with being extra late and failing our lessons! After that, I rushed back into my own little section of the room where nobody could see me and dressed myself up for the day. I flung out a loose purple blouse with wide straps on my shoulders with a knot fastened messily at the bottom, and a pair of grey ripped jeans and red sneakers.

"I'm ready, now let's go!" I shouted. "Alriiiiight, let's get a move on!" Phoebe clapped as Cami tagged along. We hurried out of the room along with Phoebe locking the door and sprinting after us. We all went our separate ways, me going to history, Phoebe going to language, and Cami going to art. "Meet me at the fountain at lunch!" I hollered, just loud enough for them to hear me. 

History. One of my least favourite subjects. As my first lesson. And I'm late. My brain is going to explode.

I opened the class door to see a teacher boringly explaining the lesson. The door's fragile squeak distracted her and she turned around to face me. "You're late." She taunted. "Yes I know, and for that reason, I apologise immensely. My head dropped in embarrassment. "It's ok, but next time you need to be on time. You're lucky you are new." The teacher sighed as she rushed me to the front of her desk. "Can I have everyone's attention?" The teacher clapped. "This is our new student, Saffron Hopestar." 

All eyes were on me now. Better make a good impression!"Um, hello everyone...I'm Saffron as the teacher just said..um..I like sports and music...and that's really my life...guess...." I muttered. "May I ask what mythical creature or monster you are? You don't have to, but we like to share it." The teacher patted my shoulder. "Oh, I'm a phoenix," I said confidently. The whole class including the teacher suddenly gasped. Oh yea, I forgot the rumour thing. Darn it!  Instantly regretting what I did, I tried to figure out a way to calm people down. "Its...It's not like I'm going to rip you up and swallow you or anything!" I said in a panic. The class stopped, and eventually screamed,  running out of the whole building, the teacher hurriedly running after them. I was left alone in the now empty classroom. 

I walked out of the small room and sat on a plastic bench a couple of meters down the empty school hallway. As I hugged my knees, I heard the commotion of classes peeking out of their rooms to see what the screaming was about, and sure enough, they hid. I felt ashamed of my species, of how they are kind and helpful, not full of rage. I raised my head in shock. It hit me!