Chapter One~Dropping The Bomb

EDITED.

"I'll meet you at the football match ok? I couldn't miss it for the world!" I scream into the phone.  "Thanks, Saff" Alec mutters from his line. "SAFFRON WE NEED TO TALK!" my mother bellows from downstairs. Ohhhh god what did she find out? Maybe about when I accidentally dropped the crystal glass cup, or maybe I didn't flush!? "Gotta go Alec. See you at the match!" I whispered. "Smell you later Saffron, literally. My mother is cooking curry and I know she is going to go crazy on the saffron." Alec joked. "Haha very funny, now I need to go!" I replied, sarcastically while hanging up. I tucked my phone into my back pocket and strode out of my blue room. 

I clambered noisily down the stairs and faced my mother in the kitchen, realizing she was also cooking dinner as well. "Hi, what did you need?" I nervously asked. "I and your father have very big news for you!" she exclaimed. I wonder what it was? Maybe I can finally go out in public! My mind dashed away to my imaginary world once more. "Saffron? SAFFRON!" My mother clicked her fingers in front of my face. "Ok, ok, you've snapped me out of it!" I laughed at my pun. 

"Anyway... You're going to a boarding school!" My mother squealed, as her snake-like hair came to life. "Wait, w-what?" I stood frozen in place. "B-but o-other p-people m-might f-find o-out about that I'm a Phoenix!" I said in shock. "That's the thing, you're going to a boarding school with people like YOU!" My father butted in. "What do you mean? Are they all phoenixes?" I stuttered. "No, silly! They are mythical creatures!" Father clapped. "Oh, my..." My voice trailed off. Right now I just wanted the ground to suck me away! I don't want anything to do with socializing, and my parents know that! Why? Because I'm a...

NERVOUS WRECK!!!

'So... what do you think?!' Says my mother. 'Why couldn't you have told me sooner?' 'Because we wanted it to be a surprise!!!' 'Now, you should go cancel everything that's happening today, you need to pack!' I groaned in response, slipped through the gap between my parents, and ran to my room.

I better tell Alec the bad news. I thought, reaching for my phone into my pocket. I dialed his number slowly and shamelessly. "Hey, this is Alec! Sorry for missing your call! You can leave a message after the beep!" His ecstatic voice sounded through the phone. I completely forgot! Alec has his match on! I better go! I sprung up fast, tripping over the edge of my bed, onto the carpet floor. "Maybe not such a good idea. Hehehe..." I muttered. 

I grabbed my phone, untangled my hair, and bolted downstairs. Thundering loudly down the hallway, I heard my mother's voice. "You're not going anywhere, my fiery girl! You need to rest!' I looked at the clock. 2:30.

I looked at them in confusion, but they say nothing. Instead, they point to my room. I couldn't just go flying, sadly, my parents put a cage on all the doors and windows so I couldn't escape their hell. I feel like a tattered bird, trapped in a cage. 

I ran upstairs once again and locked my door. I finish packing my stuff, throwing in some sneaky treats, and end up falling into a slumber, dreaming out the school.

I woke up and looked at the clock through my blurry vision. 6:04. Why did I have to sleep very early? When do I get to my school? Now that I think about it, this could be some die-hard convention school or whatever. Or it could be super dodgy. I started thinking out my life choices. After about five minutes later, I call Alec and apologize that I couldn't come and why, and he said he understood bid me good luck. I love that guy! I'm gonna miss him a lot.

'My fiery giiiiiirrrrrllll!' Called my mother. 'Come downstaiiiiirrrsss!' Oh golly, what did I do?! I edged downstairs slowly, facing my parents. 'It's time for you to fly to your school now!' Wait, what?! I'm confused but overjoyed at the same time for two reasons: that I can finally fly, and that I rested! 'Oh!' Is all I could say in return. 'We shall give you this compass to help you on your trip. Just head West, and you'll see it!' My dad handed me the compass. It was beautiful. Gold was overlapping the outside, crystal-like glass covering ink letters, N, E, S, W. North, east, south, and west. Thank you.' I hug my parents and they open the cage of the door that kept me locked in. I waved goodbye and flew with my suitcase, off into the clouds, traveling west.

I have never felt so alive.

HEEEY! WHEW! THIS TOOK ME TWO DAYS! Well, I hope you enjoy it! Please favorite and comment to show your support, and it would mean a big deal of happiness to be noticed. (Forever alone) So THANK YOU for reading this, and I will start on the next chapter right away! Get ready for new characters :O

~LeemaSheema