xiv. ━━ sparks

· 。゚☆: *.
RUINS  
»»————- act one. uneven odds
FOURTEEN ━━ sparks

we'll be the last ones standing

ruelle

THE DARKNESS WAS THE FIRST THING ERIN NOTICED when she opened her eyes and for a moment she thought she had died, but that assumption was proven wrong the moment she felt the stinging sensation of salt water in her eyes.

Everything became more sensative in that moment. The cold water was almost unbearable and the lack of oxygen was setting her lungs on fire.

Looking up she saw a small stream of light piercing through the water, illuminating the water like a beacon of hope and she swam.

Her lungs were screaming for air and her vision was getting worse a black dots covered her sight and when she almost reached the surface it happened.

Nails dug into her leg, pulling her back down again. Her eyes snapped downwards and she spotted Cashmere.

The blonde had managed to pull her down and Erin struggeled in her strong grip, trying to free herself.

Cashmere's nail dug deeper in her skin and her blood painted the water around them red. The district one tribute clawed at her trying to kill Erin with her bare hands.

Erin wanted to scream and yell and to just give up as the salt water burned her open wounds, but she didn't want to die, she didn't want to give up. She was from district four and she sure as hell wasn't going to die in water, drowing wasn't her way to go.

She clawed at Cashmere's face, scratching her skin open, blood spilled from the blonde's wounds. She felt Cashmere's grip losen and she took her chance.

Erin kicked her hard in the ribs and was able to free herself and tried to swim up, but yet again she could feel the familiar tug on her ankle and withouth thinking she kicked down, hard, hitting cashmere in the face.

Even under water she could hear the sickening crack off bones and the familiar sound of a cannon going off in the distance.

She gasped when her head broke through the surface, blood dripping down from the wounds on her forehead and her wet hair sticking to her face.

She gribbed one of the rocks close to her trying to regain her breathing. Her mind was still foggy from another close to death experience that she didn't hear her name being shouted until two hands grabbed her face.

He felt numb as he stared at the calm surface of water, small waves occasionally crashed against the rocks. He couldn't believe it. The thought of Erin being dead felt like nothing he ever felt before. Like he was burning alive but freezing to death at the same time.

His last piece that connected him to better days, to happier days had been swallowed by the waves he loved so much. The waves he watched eveyday with her were also what took her from him.

Tears streamed down his face and everything happening around him was just some background noise.

The other tributes watched with solemn looks as they stared Finnick who was looking at nothing. His trident long forgotten a few feet behind him as the district four tribute cried for his fallen friend.

Katniss felt her own tears well up in her eyes as she stared at the dark water. She didn't know Erin long, but the time she was able to spend with the brunette were little moments she would never forget. The determination she held behind her eyes that gave the same sparkle of innocent were something she would always remeber.

But then it happened. It was almost undetectable. But she spotted them. Bubbles slowly surfaced and Katniss eyes widened as she focused on the spot. "Finnick." She called out softly, but he didn't response lost in his own thoughts.

"Finnick!"she shouted this time and his head snapped towards her. "Look!" She pointed towards the bubbles that appeared.

Finnick's eyes widened at the sight of Erin's head resurfacing. Her face was covered in blood, hair sticking in her face and even looking like that he found her breathtaking.

Now he finally understood what he had been feeling since the day he was reaped for his own games and without thinking he stumbled to his feet, running towards her at an inhuman speed.

He fell to his knees, calling out her name, but she didn't response. Her grabbed her face with his hands, making the brunette look at him and without any more delay he brought her face closer to his and pressed his lips against hers

The kiss was short and simple, but for both tributes it was much more. Finally they were able to express their feelings that had been suppresed for so long, buried deep inside them.

Erin slowly opened her eyes, her arms were wrapped around Finnick's neck and she stared at those beautiful eyes, those eyes she grew so fond off. Those eyes that new all her secrets with one simple look. Those eyes that lit up when he talked about something he loved.

Finnick's eyes.

"You're okay."

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬