Chapter 21

The man I had shot joked about sexually assaulting one of Negan's Saviors. Apparently she had followed Negan's orders to remove some furniture from one of the houses and was suddenly assaulted by the man who lived there. Everyone heard her scream and so quickly rushed to wherever it was. 

So, long story short, thankfully, I shot the dickhead in the head...but I still couldn't help but feel bad if his family had witnessed what happened to him. Obviously, what he did and tried to do was disgusting, and maybe deserved what he got - however, it must have been horrible to watch from his family's perspective.

The New Alexandrian's and Saviors worked together to dispose of the body; making sure I had shot him perfectly so that he wouldn't change. 

When that was done, Negan and I hadn't spoken a word to each other, we just held onto each other. It felt weird touching him. Even those times I had been affectionate to him when we were together, we hadn't gone through all that we had to finally be together as we are now. I could feel his breath hit my face as our foreheads pressed together. I suddenly began to dream whether or not we could stay like this forever. Away from all the cruelty and ignorance in this world. Just when I moved my head back, to reach my face to touch his clean shaven face did he move to stand up.

Remained where I was, I watched as Negan walked towards Rick. "How long have you had her?" He asked Rick, who was standing beside Michonne and Carl.

Immediately, I shot up off the ground and  glared over at Rick and gave him a look. No. Don't tell him the truth.

"For a while," he answered.

"And you've kept her here this whole time...safe and sound?" Negan snapped, a vicious smirk on his face.

Fuck.

"Yes," Rick answered again. 

Negan licked his lips and raising his chin up to nod at Rick's reply. "So, you faked the body?"

"Yes," Rick said.

I saw a twitch in Negan's eye the moment Rick replied to his question. Almost like he has just been stabbed in the back... "Okay," Negan nodded. He turned towards me, "do you want to stay here or come back to mine?" All the affection in his eyes before had disappeared. It was like staring at a cold corpse.

I cast my eyes towards Rick and the others. What about Maggie?

"Give me a couple of minutes," I replied.

Negan nodded.

I flashed a small smile, "thank you." Walking over to Rick, I cleared my throat before starting conversation, "I-"

"You're going with him. You'll get closer with him and then tell us if he's up to anything. And if he tries to attack you or anything...kill him. And don't hesitate this time. Okay?" Rick hissed under his breath. He was angry I didn't do it, I didn't kill him. Of course he was. I was close to killing the one man who killed Glenn and Abe and yet I didn't pull the trigger. 

I felt Michonne flinch from Rick's sudden outburst, but she quickly hid it from him.

Unnoticed, Rick carried on. "We'll take Maggie to the Hilltop and they'll keep her safe, and we can only hope Daryl will find some way back to us."

"Set him free," Carl whispered. "When you return to his place, try to do anything to get him out."

Rick nodded, appreciating Carl's input to the plan.

I gulped, figuring out in my brain how that was possible since the moment I get back to Negan's place he'll probably want me by his side 24/7.

Someway to distract him...

"Cathy, whatever you do, try not to get caught," Michonne said, small smile on her face. "You'll be fine."

Nodding, I turned to see Negan asking the Saviors to pack up to leave - which meant I had to leave too. 

I didn't bother to hug them goodbye since they probably hated me even more, so I began walking to Negan who was beside his truck.

He glanced at me for a second and then stepped into the drivers seat, waiting for me to get in on the other side. Obeying, I walked over to the other side of the vehicle and hopped in. When he started the engine the rest of the other vehicles copied him, and eventually we were on the road on our way back to Negan's compound. 

The ride seemed long, but I knew it wasn't as long as I felt it was since Negan refused to want to talk. Probably wanting to start whatever he was wanting to say when we actually got back to his place to let it all out. Either way, I was a bit nervous for whatever he was wanting to say. 

When we eventually arrived, Negan told the rest of the Saviors to immediately unpack all the goods. Jumping out from the truck, I noticed that nothing had changed from last time. I knew now that I was here that my main job was to get Daryl out, no matter what. 

I walked over to find Negan but was cut short when I saw from the distance...Amber

I stood still. Not wanting to move or to speak. 

She was too busy talking to Negan to notice me, until I saw Negan turn behind him to glance over at me. This then caused Amber to look over as well, making her gaze directly towards me. I saw her stiffen, almost like she had seen a ghost.

Negan beckoned me over to which I obeyed reluctantly. As I reached them, Amber blinked rapidly almost like she was trying to blink me out of the picture. That if she blinked enough I would suddenly vanish. 

Reaching them, I narrowed my eyes and tilted my head at her. "Surprise, bitch, I bet you thought you saw the last of me." 

HELLO I'M BACK

HELLO I'M BACK. I APOLOGISE FOR BEING GONE FOR SO LONG. MENTAL HEALTH, COLLEGE AND SHIT. BUT I'LL BE BETTER NEXT TIME....i hope. buT ANYWAYS I WANT TO THANK EVERYONE FOR READING THIS, FOR COMMENTING ON THIS AND FOR ENJOYING THIS STORY BECAUSE IT REALLY MEANS A LOT. TRULY. I'm hoping to improve in the future and actually keep up with this. So, I promise every Friday I'll update. SO, I LOVE YOU ALL AND I APOLOGISE FOR MY LATENESS.