Chapter 8

They told me that to make her fall in love, I had to make her laugh. But everytime she laughs, I'm the one who falls in love.
— Tommaso Ferraris

Hello, sorry for not updating - I've been in the middle of exams. Warning: This chapter has rape scene in, I apologise unreservedly for those who could be triggered or anything but I'd be happy to explain it to you if you message me if you can't read it for any personal reasons. I'll understand.

When we returned to the compound, I immediately rushed Negan upstairs. Pushing him into the bathroom, I made him sit on the edge of the bath as I ran the hot water and grabbed a dark blue towel on the rack. As I began washing off the blood on his jacket, I kept glancing up at his broken nose and arm.

"What you thinking, woman?" Negan asked me, I squeezed the hot water out from the soft fabric, bits of blood dripping off in between my fingers into the hot water below in the sink.

"I need to tend to your wounds," I replied, pointing at his nose and arm. "Otherwise, it'll get infected."

Negan looked down at his arm, "I admire him," he said, "for doing all of this, attacking me - hell, me - just for his son."

I glanced at him and the back at the towel, I cleaned it by dipping it into the clean bowl and walked over to him. As I cleaned the blood off his jacket, I nodded at him, "Rick loves his son. When all this started, Rick was separated from his family, he did everything in his power to find them again," I told Negan. "It's what you do to the people you love the most...you find them." I turned away to reach the sink, but a hand reached out and grasped my arm, pulling me towards him. I glanced back over my shoulder.

Negan smiled a little, "I found you."

My breath hitched in my throat. I stood still. "Yeah," I whispered. Negan stood up and took one step forward. His long legs only needed only one step and he was already close to me. The front of his jacket was wet from cleaning it. I felt the water and warmth press onto my chest. He reached his head down, pressing his forehead onto mine. Negan sighed a little and then lowered his head down some more. Placing my hand on his lips, stopping him from attempting to kiss me. I step back, moving my hand from his mouth to his chest. "I can't," I whispered, I didn't want to look up at him. I was too scared to.

I heard another sigh, "alright, that's fine," I turn and place the towel on the sink.

"You need a clean bandage," I told him.

"There's a first aid kit in the kitchen," Negan replied, "Amber was a nurse before all this, I'll call her up to help." I nodded.

"Okay, I'll go and fetch the first aid kit," I opened the bathroom door and walked out, leaving it open as I walked through the room towards the door out into the staircase. As I reached the first floor, jumping off the large chunk of stairs at the bottom, I skipped towards the door. Pulling it open, I shut it behind me and stroll out towards the kitchen area.

The sky was red. A nice warm colour, with blotches off purple and orange. As I walked on, I glanced at the men on watch, pacing the gate holding guns. I noticed one of the men stop and look over at me.

I narrowed my eyes, trying to see who it was. Oh. Immediately I turn away and quickly speed walk towards the kitchens. Opening the door, I step into the kitchen area where I had helped make the soup. As I look around, opening every cupboard, trying to find the first aid kit - I suddenly hear the door slam shut.

I turn around to see who walked in. Looking at the dark corridor, I watch as the figure emerges the darkness. As the man stepped forth, I take steps backwards until my back was against the cooker.