Chapter 3

I awoke to the sound of Negan in the shower. Putting the book lying beside me onto my large bookshelf, I got out of bed and ran towards the kitchen and blasted some music as I made pancakes.

Stirring the mixture in the bowl, I glanced towards the clock and was relieved we had time. For some reason I had woken up earlier than usual. It was probably nerves. After all, Negan proposed last night. Grinning at my wedding ring, I then heard the shower switch off and feet walking towards the bedroom. 

Turning on the gas cooker, I poured a tiny bit of oil onto the pan and then the mixture. Flipping the pancakes was the fun part, especially when I realised I had an audience.

Glancing behind me, I saw Negan - fully dressed - leaning against the wall. He clapped when I flipped the first pancake. I thanked to God I didn't let it fall...that would've been embarrassing. 

I placed the pancake on a plate and put in on the table for Negan, next getting out a glass and filling it with apple juice. Realising Negan still stood there, looking as if he saw a ghost or something. I frowned at him, "baby, what's wrong?" 

He merely shook his head, "wrong? Nothing's wrong when I have a beautiful woman in my kitchen." He smiled.

I glanced around the kitchen, "oh, beautiful woman?" I raised an eyebrow, "where is she?" I chuckled to myself as I turned around to make my own pancake. Pouring the mixture into the pan again, I held in a gasp as I suddenly felt two arms slide round my waist. 

"I love you," he whispered placing small pecks of kisses on my neck. Smiling, I flipped the pancake, cheerfully grinning to myself when the second time worked perfectly as well. 

When we finished breakfast and all the pancakes that I had made were all gone, I cleaned up and got dressed for work. 

I sat on my bed placing a necklace around my neck. It was the first present Negan ever gave to me. The design was a little golden bird with its wings spread open in flight.

"Honey?" Cocking my head to the side, still sitting on my bed I looked to see Negan walking over to the window sill, moving the curtains to see outside. 

"Hm?" I replied, braiding my hair. 

Negan turned to rest his back against the wall beside the window sill, looking down at his shoes. I noticed how odd he was looking, almost like after an argument he knew he was in the wrong and felt guilty. Pushing myself up from the bed and walking over to him, I placed my hands on his chest and looked up at him. "I don't think we should go to work today," Negan said quietly, leaning down and resting his forehead to mine. 

I was confused. "But why?" 

"We've had a busy few weeks, why don't we go somewhere, have a nice vacation or something like that," he told me, I was happy he was actually wanting to do this since we have actually been tied up at work for a months. 

What harm could it do?

My mouth curved upward into a wide grin, "okay, I'd love to." 

We reached Negan's safe house earlier than we thought. On the way, we had to stop a few times because of walkers but other than that nothing happened. Negan attempted to make conversation with me, but I just ignored him and carried on looking out the RV window. 

When we eventually reached Negan's compound I was shocked. It was a huge building; most of the windows were smashed but it didn't matter because the facility in general was gigantic.

The men yelled out for the gates to open which it did immediately. As the RV drove through, I observed the men opening the gates. The moment I saw them and they saw me, they all frowned - probably wondering why I was travelling with Negan. Then there were some who began pulling inappropriate gestures which I turned away from, rolling my eyes. 

Finally when all the cars, motorbikes, vans and RV's were safely inside, and the gates were slammed shut - I stood up from the bed to walk out the RV. Negan got up from his car seat and looked over at me walking towards him, "where you going?" he asked.

"To lie down, I've had enough of you," I snap. Negan raises an eyebrow at me. 

"And where do you think you're going to lie down?" He asks.

I stop. "Um...here," I sit down onto the ground and lie down. Before I could even close my eyes and enjoy the bliss, I feel two arms pull me up and carry me towards a building. As I hit, kick and bite Negan, he just ignores it. 

"You know...I'm used to this," he chuckled as a bite his hand that was close to my cheek. 

"What?" I ask, anger flashed in my eyes as he carries me up a flight of stairs that leads into a corridor. 

"The biting...especially when I was with you," Negan winked at me which caused another elbow in the face which he dodged...only just. 

He kicks open a door which causes me to stop moving. It's a big, wide room with a bed, piano, small bookcase, two sofas and then an en suit. "Is this yours?" I ask as he sets me down onto the ground. 

"Yeah," he answered. 

"Wait...about the biting, did you date anyone after me?" I asked.

Negan raised an eyebrow, cheekily, "why?" he emphasised the 'why' a bit too long, "you jealous?"  

My back suddenly stood straighter, I raised my head a little. "No." Yes

Negan looked me up and down, taking in my stance. "Okay, sure," he walked over to the en suit. "Anyway, to answer your question, no I haven't." 

"Why?" I ask.

"Because..." he stops, I hear the water running from the tap. "because I don't want to." 

SORRY I FEEL LIKE THAT'S SUCH A SHITTY ENDING, BUT BECAUSE OF THE TV SHOW IM HAVING TO GO OVER ALL OF THIS AND CHANGE IT TO SUIT THE TV SHOW JUST BARE WITH ME AND IT'LL ALL GO OKAY.....