Filler: He's Fine Without Me

Edited Version:

Three bodies jump on top of me, waking me from my slumber. I grumble as I squint.

Tenzin and Nita kiss my cheek before getting off of me. Bumi, however, stays on top of me. "Bumi, honey. You're crushing me," I say teasingly.

He quickly gets off. I sit up and stretch. "I'm sorry, Mom!" he apologizes quickly. I giggle and pat his head. "We just really wanna start the story again," he says.

Nita nods her head quickly. "Yeah!"

I shake my head with a smile. "How about we take a break from storytelling. Let's go have breakfast and then go out," I say.

"Like a family outing?" Nita asks.

Tenzin frowns. "But what about Dad? Is he coming with us?" he asks.

I caress his cheek. "Not this time, darling. He's still the Avatar and there are people in need," I say.

Bumi then glares down at the floor. "But you're the Legend, Mom. To be more specific, his legend. You two are supposed to help people together," he says.

I sigh and nod my head. "Yes, honey. Though that is true, he is still strong without me."

Nita shakes her head quickly. "No, Mom. You guys are supposed to be together in every fight. That's how it's always been."

I smile sadly and kiss her forehead. "He's fine without me," I say, glancing up.

I meet Aang's eyes. Well, more like his angry eyes. "Kids," he says, getting the children's attention. The three gulp in fear. "Go to the living room. Your Uncle Kazon and Aunt Katara are waiting to take you to breakfast," he says sternly.

The three leave without another word. Bumi glances back at me with sad eyes before following his younger siblings.

"Aang, I didn't know you returned," I say, offering him a kind smile.

He frowns. "Naomi, don't dodge the problem," he says with narrowed eyes. I sigh and nod my head obediently. "Why would you tell our children that?" he asks in a softer tone.

I look down at my hands. "Because I only tell them the truth. Aang, you truly don't need me. I've seen you help so many people without me," I say. "What's the point of a Legend anyway. The Avatar can help just fine on his own."

Aang walks towards me and grabs my hands. He kneels down in front of me to look me in the eyes. "Naomi, you are needed. It's just that I'm scared, okay?" he admits.

I furrow my brows. "Scared of what?" I ask.

"Of losing you," he says. "Naomi, being the Avatar and Legend is dangerous. There are still people out to get us and hurt us," he says. He rubs his thumbs over my knuckles. "Sweetheart, we have children. If I were to be gone, they would still have you, their mother. They can't grow up without you," he says.

I smile softly. "Aang, they have so many family members that can take care of them if something happened to us," I say.

"No, Naomi. It's not the same. They need you. I also don't want anything to happen to you. I love you so much. I want to protect you. Even if it's just a scratch, I will hurt anyone who dared to cut your beautiful skin," he says with eyes ablaze with possessiveness.

I sigh. "Fine, Aang. But could you at least start telling me things?" I ask him kindly.

He nods and kisses my lips softly. He pulls away and smiles. "I promise."