He was the one that I was at ease with. I could tolerate Aeria more than others because I was trying for Taureen's sake, but it wasn't nearly the same. With a sigh, I went back inside. I flew over to the windowsill to watch the front sidewalk.

I contemplated what I was feeling. The emotions and reactions were more based in the animal side of me. As deeply ingrained as the desire to spread my wings in free fall. I closed my eyes and resisted the urge to pace.

Why am I feeling this way? What does Taureen mean to me? I considered it for a while more. I lowered my head to my hands with a sigh as I finally accepted the fact that he had become the best friend I had ever had. I never had made friends easily before, and Taureen had slowly and gracefully muscled his way into that position since the day he found me.

Once we had started talking, we had become even closer as we both opened up to each other. But even that didn't account for my restlessness. This was something deeper, more instinctual.

I gazed out the window in my epiphany. Deep down, I didn't really see Taureen as a Kymari. My instincts considered him part of the flock at this point. With the others, I saw them as Kymari first, and possible friends or allies second. Part of it was also his earlier tactics when attempting to tame me.

I knew in theory what he was doing and my mind could somewhat resist it, but my body's instincts and reactions were more automatic. He had cared for me and handfed me for months on end - and my subconscious instincts recognized the care as that of a parent. Family bonds among the dragonets ran strong and deep.

That was why I was restless. It was like a fledgling missing a parent or someone severely missing an extremely close friend who they saw every day. I may have said that he was like my brother, but he had also filled the roles of father and friend. Between my human mind and my dragonet mindset, it was an overpowering combination.

I guess Taureen wasn't the only one who had been getting closely attached. Even though I knew why I felt this way, these feelings weren't exactly something I could turn off or dismiss. The next couple of hours are going to feel very long...

I sighed and gazed out the window again. I turned my head as an odd deep bell-like sound came from behind me. The four ladies were also looking at the source of the sound. It came again, and I realized that Taureen's laptop was making that sound. It had been sitting on the end table in the corner as it faced the main room.

The black screen flickered, and Taureen's face appeared. I sat bolt upright and stared in surprise. Aeria seemed unsurprised and nodded a greeting at the screen as she said, "Taureen, are you on your way back?"

He said, "The shuttle is just about to leave. I should be back in just over an hour. How is Tasha doing?"

This must be a video and audio feed like Skype or something. He didn't even finish his question before I was airborne. I swiftly back-winged in front of the screen and trilled a greeting at him. I tilted my head several different ways as I examined the screen.

Aeria chuckled lightly. "She has missed you. A bit restless, but nothing too worrying. She has been drinking and has eaten some."

Taureen's face softened. "I am coming back Tasha. It won't be long now."

I shook myself and flicked my wings while chattering at him with bird-like sounds. I nudged the screen with my nose before pulling back so I could see the screen properly. I had no idea where the camera on this thing was.

He smiled. "You have no idea how much I missed you. I must go now. I will see you soon."

I whistled lightly in return before the screen went black. I tilted my head sadly at the black screen. I had been happy to see him, even if it was just through technology.