chapter 22

*same day- like 10 minutes later* 

"Can I ask you a question?" I asked Bradley hesitantly.
"You can ask me anything" he said moving his hands from my thighs to my waist, setting my skin on fire.
"Why did you even say that? I know I shouldn't have been listening but that doesn't change the fact that you said it..." I rambled on
"honestly?" He asked rubbing small circles on the huge bruise I got from the counter when I ran off quickly, I'm not worried about it It will be gone in a couple hours.
"well yeah. I'm just so confused as to why you said it. Am I not good enough? or-or pretty enough?" I barked out staring him down. My wolf dangerously close to coming out, I'm still pissed.
"No, your perfect" He said
"THEN WHAT?! WHAT POSSESSED YOU TO SAY THAT, DO YOU EVEN KNOW HOW MUCH I HATED YOU FOR SAYING THAT??! I-" I yelled, my wolf taking control for a split second, Bradley put his hand over my mouth silencing me.
"I used to date Jessica, when I was like 15 and at the time I wanted her to be my mate. I was in love with the idea of Jess being my mate, since she was my first girlfriend.. I'm sorry,  I don't know why I said it" He said, regret in his eyes.
"you do know she's a skank right?" I said after a couple seconds.
"Saviour.. she's not a skank" He said.
"yeah she is, she slept with all the guys in our grade for fuck sakes! If that's not a skank then I don't know what is" I laughed out.
"Fine, she's a skank.. Can we just forget the last 24 hours?" Bradley asked.
"okay" I nodded, jumping off the counter and walking towards the stairs.
"where are you going?" Bradley called after me
"to bed, I'm tired, didn't sleep last night" I called back, crawling up the stairs.
"uhg, it even smells like her in here..." I mumbled rolling over on the bed. I felt the bed dip and Bradley's arms snaked around my waist, pulling my to him. I wiggled around trying to get comfortable.
"Saviour if you keep moving around like that we won't be doing much sleeping.." Bradley moaned huskily. I stopped. 
"Sorry... night" I said falling asleep. 
"Please stop blocking me out" Bradley pleaded. I turned over so I was facing him, I could see his emotions swirling in his eyes. I could feel the pain I was causing him. 
"Then you need to prove to me that you love me" I whispered a tear rolling down my cheek. He wiped it away. 
"I told you I would and that's a promise" He said kissing my forehead. I nodded falling asleep quickly. 

_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_

 "Saviour... Saviour.. You're in danger, I need you to listen to me".  A voice said to me 
"Huh? What's going on.. why can't I see anything" I said straining my eyes to see something, anything.
"you're in a coma state, it's the only way I can reach you, your body shuts down and your wolf connects with me"  The voice said again.
"okay but  who are you exactly.. and what does this have to do with me?" I asked 
"I'm your protector, Holly, and there is danger among you"  Holly said, her voice was so angelic it was like listening to well angels.
"What kind of trouble?.. I thought we killed the trouble already" I said shivering at the thought of going through that again. 
"you did my dear Saviour, and you did a great job at protecting the people you love, but you forgot to protect what matters most and it will be used against you if you don't act quickly" 
"protect what matters most... What does that even mean?" I asked frustrated. 
"You'll soon find out child. I have to leave now my powers are weakening" Holly's voice faded away and I woke up. Gasping for air.

"What the hell Saviour?! You weren't breathing?! You scared the fuck out of me" Bradley said holding me close. I calmed down my breathing and closed my eyes clutching Bradley's shirt in my hands. 
"Brad.. my protector came to talk to me" I said into his shoulder.
"what?! Why? What'd she say?" Bradley asked. You see every shifter has a protector, your protector protects you and guides you through life, it rarely occurs when your protector contacts you. they're only allowed to contact you if your part of the higher power group.
"she said I protected the people I love but forgot to protect what matters most..? and-and that I need to act quickly or it will be used against me" I said recalling what Holly told me. 
"What does that even mean?" Bradley asked me, confusion  written all over his face. 
"I don't know! I ju- AHH!" A pain shot through my stomach causing me to scream. Zoey and  Garett came rushing into our room.
"Saviour!" Zoey screamed rushing to my side, she grabbed my hand and it burned like hell, I screamed again. I mind linked mom. "mom! help it hurts so bad!" I screamed she replied immediately "I'm coming baby!" 
"guys its hot in here" I said taking some clothes off.  Bradley growled from beside me, he was at least a foot away watching.  I could feel his emotions. scared,  worried,  guilt, sorrow, love. 
"Dude so not the time to get all protective" Garett said. He reached over and touched my cheek lightly, it was on fire instantly. I screamed in pain turning my head away. My mom rushed though the door and kneeled before me.  I was curled in a ball on the floor holding my stomach.
"No, she's not ready yet... This shouldn't happen now" She said to herself. "Mom?" I questioned.  She shushed me and placed get hand on my arm, burning me. I screamed again
"Bradley come here, touch her arm" my mother said motioning Bradley over quickly.  My mom's expression went blank, she was linking to someone. 
"No.  I don't want to hurt her more than I have already" He said sadly looking at me like he so desperately wanted to hold me. 
"No son, you are the only one to help her through this" my mom said quickly.  Another pain shot through my stomach  but worst this time. Tears were streaming down my face and they were hot, burning my skin.  Bradley rushed over and stretched his hand out shakily.  He gently placed his fingers on my arm, I winced but it didn't burn me. It felt.. good. I sighed as the pain subsided the more I was in contact with Bradley. Bradley gently lifted me up into his arms, the pain went away, but was still there I could feel it in my stomach.
"What's happening to my Saviour?" Bradley asked tears rolling down his face. I closed my eyes and moved closer to Bradley. 
"there's not enough time to explain.  We need to get her to the pack doctor now. You have to take her nobody else can touch her or else she'll burn, I'll let Sandra explain everything" She said.  She told Zoey to grab me some extra clothes. Bradley carried me in his arms all the way to the pack house. Sandra had people holding open doors for us and they were given strict instructions to not touch me. Sandra was waiting in the room for me, Bradley held me on the bed the entire time. I was wimpering a lot because the pain was excruciating, even with Bradley's touch. Sandra was in the corner of the room rushing about doing stuff. 
"can someone tell me whats going on?" Bradley said rubbing the tears away from my face, but they kept coming. 
"She's been injected with sliver poison, I'd say about a day or two ago? Normally a shifter that has been injected with silver poison would be dead in a couple hours, but she's one of the moon goddess', her immune system is much stronger compared to a regular shifter. The silver poison has affected the-" Sandra was cut off when one of the younger wolves limped into the room. 
"Dr. rouge attack, I tried to help" The young girl panted out.
"Please take a seat in the other room, Carmen, my daughter will assist you in a minute dear"She said guiding the young girl into the other room
"I need you two guards to make sure nobody enters this room unless it's Zoey and Garett, Understood?" Sandra said to the two guards at the door. They nodded closing the door when Sandra rushed back into the room. 
"affected the what?" I said totally drained of all energy in my body. 
"you don't know?" She asked stoping her movements all together. She looked at my mother. 
"I knew.. I could sense it" My mom said to Sandra. 
"KNEW WHAT?!" Bradley yelled, making everyone, including me, jump. 
"Saviour, you're-" Sandra was cut off again as Zoey and Garett were let in the room. 
"I got the clothes.." Zoey said awkwardly holding up a purple bag containing my clothes. 
"So uhh what's happening to Saviour?" Garett asked to Sandra. 
"as I said before she was injected with silver poison, a normal shifter would've been dead in a couple hours but her immune system was able to fight it off for a day or so. When was the last time you were out alone when you could have been poisoned?" Sandra asked me. 
"Just last night.. I needed to be alone for a while so I went to my cave that only Zoey knows about" I said. 
"and was anyone following you when you went?" She pushed further
"No, Zoe came and checked on me when  I was there, and I made sure my scent was covered" I replied, shaking. Bradley rubbed circles into my stomach calming me down just a little bit. 
"Okay.. was anyone following you Zoey?" she asked turning to Zoey who was seated on a chair by my bed. 
"No? I-I don't think so.. there could've been, I was too distracted trying to find my best friend I wasn't too keen on followers" she said 
"Well she was Injected with it in that time period so someone other than Zoey knew you were in that cave" Sandra said. 
"Okay but before you were saying the silver poison has affected the.. What?" Bradley asked
"Saviour is about 6 weeks pregnant, the silver poison has gotten into the baby's system" Sandra said slowly and quietly. Bradley froze. 

I closed my eyes tight and gripped Bradley's shirt into my hands. I buried my head in his chest and cried. My baby's life was in danger because somebody poisoned me in my sleep. I could tell my eyes were swirling silver, my eyes do this when I'm super pissed. 
"I'm just going to inject this shot into your main vein on your wrist and it should eat all the poison in your system and your baby's system, You need to stay away from contact with other people besides Bradley or you'll burn up again, that is only because the silver in the poison is reacting with your nerves system" Sandra said. 
"Okay but why does my stomach feel like it's constantly exploding?" I asked. 
"That's your baby reacting to the silver poison."She said 
"why does Bradley help with the pain" I asked confused
"that's because he's your mate and the father of your child, it's natural for you to be drawn to him during your pregnancy" she said putting her equipment away after giving my the shot. 
"Okay.. we will leave you two alone to talk for a while" Mom said pushing everyone out of the room. I started crying again. 
"Hey.. what's wrong? Sandra said you and the baby will be fine" Bradley said snuggling me closer, rubbing my stomach. 
"I've had this baby growing in me for six weeks.. a lot has happened in  six weeks Brad" I whispered looking up at him hot tears streaming down my face. 
"I know babe, I know... but for now you just need to relax, I will be here with you the whole time" He said 
"promise?" I whispered. 
"Promise" He said kissing my head softly. 
"Everyone at school is gonna think I'm a hoe.. because I'm pregnant at 16" I said 
"I don't care what they say, that's our baby" He said shrugging. 
"It's a girl" I said 
"how do you know that?" Bradley asked me.
"I can sense her, my wolf can too" I said 
"well then, she's going to be my little fighter, she's still healthy after all you've been through" He said smiling brightly. I smiled weakly. 
"sleep for a bit you need it, I'm not going anywhere" He said quietly. I nodded drifting off to sleep.