chapter 23

I woke up to a sharp pain in my stomach. I sat up slowly and sure enough I had a baby bump. How the hell did it get so big over night?! I was still in the pack house doctors office. I hated the smell in here.. Bradley walking in the door carrying a glass of chocolate milk. 

"Here, drink this" He said holding the glass out to me. 

"thanks" I said drinking it quickly. Sandra came back in to give me another shot, this shot was to put me to sleep for a while so she could do some tests on me. I just woke up and you're going to put me back to sleep?

*****

"Saviour. I see you have found your problem." Holly said to me. 

It's my baby, not a problem" I snapped back. 

"I'm sorry I hid yourchild from you for so long.." Holly replied sadly

"no, the rouges wouldv'e killed me if you didn't hide her" I replied back 

"I hid your signs of pregnancy for as long as I could"

 "thank you... why are you here again?" I asked 

"to tell you that you will have to protect your child with your life, she's very important" Holly replied.

" I will." I said determined  

******

I woke up again. Bradley was sitting on a chair beside the bed.

"hey" I said quietly. He looked up at me and smiled. 

"hey.." He said back lost in thought 

"what are you thinking about?" I asked 

"how your stomach grew so much over night..." I chuckled 

"my protector hid all signs of pregnancy to protect me during what happened" I said 

"makes sense" he said nodding. My stomach churned. I jumped out of bed and ran to the bathroom and emptied my stomach in the toilet. Bradley crouched down beside me rubbing small circles on my back. 

"guess I can't skip morning sickness" I groaned brushing my teeth quickly to get rid of the awful taste. I walked back to the bed and layed down. Bradley sat in the chair again. 

"you can lay down with me you know" I said smiling. He looked up and went around to the other side of the bed. 

"here sit up for a sec.." He said. I sat up and he sat behind me so I was between his legs. I laid back and rested my head on his chest. He wrapped his arms around me and placed them on my stomach. I sighed in content. 

"when can we go home?" I asked. 

"Sandra said when ever your ready but she will keep coming to check on you every week" He said playing with my hands. 

"okay.. where's Zoey and Garett?" I asked 

"I don't know" He shrugged. 

"I wanna go home.. it doesn't feel right being here" I said sitting up to gather my things. 

"how does it not feel right?" Bradley asked helping me get my stuff. 

"I-I don't know.. it feels unsafe? Like uhm... I'm being watched or hunted?" I said skeptically and slowly.

"you feel like that too?"Zoey said from the door way. I turned around to face her. I nodded, picking up my bag and slinging it over my shoulder. Bradley came up to me and entwined our hands together, giving me a reassuring squeeze. 

"okay lets go" I said walking out towards the door telling Sandra that I'm leaving on my way out. We climbed into Zoey's truck, well me and Bradley sat in the back where Garett and Zoey were in the cab. Zoey drove down the back roads to our place. We got there quickly. I honestly coudn't wait to be in my own home again. We exited the truck and went inside.

I breathed in deeply.

"it smells soo much better here" I said dropping my bag. Everyone else laughed at me. 

"well it does" I grumbled. Our cat came around the corner and rubbed against my leg. I crouched down and picked her up, petting her as she purred in my arms. Bradley took our bags to the laundry room to get our stuff washed. I sat on the couch. 

"Oh by the way.. I like the name Zoey" Zoey said sitting across from me. I shook my head, smiling. Bradley came in and sat next to me wrapping his arm around my shoulder. 

"Other than baby names.. we need to go shopping" Zoey said. 

"what for?" Garett asked. 

"we have school in two weeks and our back to school party" I said. 

"how about you dont have a party this year?" Bradley said. 

"NO!!" Zoey and I said simultaniously. 

"Why not?" Garett asked. 

"Zoe and I have been having these back to school parties since kindergarten.. " I said 

"and this is our last party since its senior year and all" Zoey said. 

"Fine but we are not helping with the planning" Garett said. I smiled.. 

This was going to be epic.