Chapter 5

~ Liam ~

‘So how did it go?’ I asked Niall, Carla and Louis as I descended down the stairs. 

‘It went well.’ Carla smiled in reply. 

Man her smile’s beautiful I thought to myself as I watched Carla climb the stairs. Her bags still sat scattered in the main hallway. Niall and Louis had disappeared some where in the house. With a sigh I hurled Carla’s belongings into my arms and disappeared upstairs. 

‘Liam? Where am I staying?’ Carla’s gentle voice spoke from the end of the hallway.

She turned. And it was like the wind had caught her scent, making it drift all around me in a whirlwind. I looked at each of the rooms. There were 6 rooms. 5 of them were taken by me and the boys. So the last one (to which was the master bedroom) over looked the front yard. 

‘The master bedroom is empty. You can take that room....’ I said with a smile plastered across my face.

Carla smiled. Her fangs were revealed. 

That’s what we have to get! I thought to myself. Carla walked in front of me. Her slender vampire body moving quickly. And I could say that my wolf hormones were running wild. Carla’s bags were still in my arms. We slowly neared the door to the master bedroom. There were bits of conversation as we made our way into the room. 

‘So this will be your room from now on.’ I smiled. ‘Oh and the boys and I are just down the hall if you need us. Harry and Louis are on the left side. Niall, Zayn and I are on the right side.’ 

Carla nodded her head. 

‘Okay, thank you Liam. I’m just going to unpack and settle in.’ Carla smiled. I blushed. 

I nodded my head. As I turned around to go out the door, a thought came to mind. I then turned back around to face Carla. 

‘Umm.... Carla,’ I said awkwardly as I scratched at the back of my neck. ‘Would you like a hand unpacking....’ 

And que the blush. 

Carla laughed. 

‘Yeah sure Liam. It’s okay. There’s nothing to be embarrassed about because I’m all you boys mate....’ Carla gave me a grin.

Showing off her pearly white teeth and fangs. Carla laid her bags out on the bed and began to unzip her bags. Clothes were folded neatly in the bags. 

‘So....’ I began as a conversation starter. ‘How long have you being a vampire?’ 

I know it’s a personal question, but I had to ask it. 

‘A year nearly’ Carla replied suddenly. I turned my head quickly and it cracked in the process. 

‘Wait.... A year nearly?’ I gasped. 

So Carla is a year old vampire..... I thought to myself as I helped Carla unpack. 

‘Yo! Liam?! Where are you?’ Zayn’s Bradford accent floated up the stairs towards Carla’s room. 

‘In here!’ I called out in reply. Zayn’s footsteps were heard coming up the stairs and along the corridor towards Carla’s bedroom. 

‘So Carla’s got the master bedroom?’ Zayn laughed. I nodded my head. 

‘You know we were saving this room to turn into something else.’ Zayn explained.

I shook my head as a signal to say don’t- do- this. But Zayn continued to talk about how the room was going to be turned into a multi-purpose room. 

‘It’s okay Zayn. Now that I’m here, I’ve taken the room to be my own. It’s bigger than my old one back in my old house.’ Carla smiled softly. 

*~*

Once Carla was settled in, I took her back downstairs to meet up with the other boys. Niall and Harry were sitting in the lounge room. 

‘Where’s Louis and Zayn?’ Carla asked as she entered behind me. 

‘I was about to ask the same question.’ I said as I sat down beside Niall.

We all know we are mated to the one vampire. But we have to learn not to get jealous. Carla walked over to where Harry sat and sat in his lap. Looks of jealousy crossed both of Niall’s and my faces. But we managed to conceal them. 

‘Apparently Louis caught onto a strange scent near the edge of our land.’ Harry spoke up.

I nodded my head. And with in a few minutes, Zayn and Louis came running through the front door. 

‘We caught onto another vampire’s scent.’ Louis said as he panted.

Zayn’s hair was a mess and I’m surprised he wasn’t panicking over it. 

‘It kept toying with us.’ Zayn growled. 

‘Zayn, breathe mate’ Niall spoke softly with his Irish accent thick. Zayn closed his eyes and took a deep breathe. 

‘What did the scent smell of? Other than a vampire’s Louis.’ Carla spoke up from where she sat on Harry’s lap. 

‘Well, it’s one that we’ve never encountered before. So it’s hard to say.’ Zayn spoke up from most likely the kitchen. 

‘Well, if that unknown vampire crosses our land again then they will become minced vampire....’ Louis growled. 

Carla visibly paled. 

‘Sorry Carla.’ Niall gave her a smile. Carla smiled back. But I could see that it was a fake smile. 

Carla got up off of Harry’s lap.

‘Well, I’m going to bed, so I can settle in properly.’ Carla said quietly as she darted away in a blur. I turned to the other boys. 

‘What are we going to do about this unknown vampire running along the edges of our land?’ I asked the boys. Each of them had a thoughtful expression on their faces before Niall suggested;

‘Why don’t we go in pairs and run patrols around the boarder of our land?’ 

Everyone nodded their heads. 

‘Yeah. Sounds like a good idea.’ I smiled....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N:

Sorry for the long wait and sorry if this chapter is a little short. I have writer's block and it's hard to write with it. I may not be able to update for a week because I'm going away. To which I really don't want to go away.

And if I write any more while I'm away, then as soon as I get back I will update all the books I promise to update. 

~ Gothicwriter28