- Harry ? Is that you ? she asked with a sleepy voice.

- No ! Surprise ! exclaimed a man's voice.

The visitor put his hand on her eyes and talked to her.

- Guess who I am !

- Hm... I'll say...Fred !

He sat beside her and faked disappointment.

- You're not funny...How did you know ?

- I don't know, it was just pretty obvious, she said, laughing a bit. Why did you come anyway ?

- I wanted to know how you're going so...are you alright ?

- Well, I'm tired, but that's okay.

She smiled to him and blushed a bit. Indeed, Fred was sitting very close to her.

- Why are you blushing ? Fred laughed.

- I'm not ! I just...have a temperature.

He frowned then smiled. He put his arm around Hermione's shoulders and got closer to her, making her blush again.

- Sure? Have I already told you that you're a really bad liar ?

She tried to answer but words didn't want to get out of her throat, which was extremely dry. Her head swung and she closed her eyes.

- Mione, are you okay ? Fred asked, his voice full of worry.

- Yeah, I'm just tired, I'll feel better in a few days. Mrs Pomfrey told me that.

- You're sure ? If I can do anything...

- It's okay Fred, I'm fine. Harry's already helping me.

- I know ! But... I want to help you too !

- Why ? she asked, blushing a bit. You don't owe me anything, I told you...

- I remember but...you saved my life and I...I just want to be there for you. You're my friend.

He blushed too. Hermione softly smiled to him and let her head lay on his shoulder.

- Thank you, Freddie.

- For what ?

- For coming here and...well, you're here.

Fred smiled like an idiot but he laughed suddenly.

- What ? Hermione asked him, frowning.

- I was just thinking about Hogwarts... Remember when you were a Prefect ?

- Of course I remember ! I'm not amnesic, you know ! she said, laughing.

- Yes, I know...well, I was thinking of you when you shouted at us. We couldn't stop laughing, because you were so cute when you were angry ! We couldn't obey you.

He was dying of laughter, but Hermione wasn't ; her cheeks were as red as tomatoes. He had just said that she was cute !

- Now you're really blushing.

She didn't dare to look at him, so she found an escape.

- Kreacher ?

- Yes, Miss Gr...Hermione ? said the house elf, who had just Apparated before them.

- I need to take a bath. Can you take me to the bathroom ? Fred, I'll be back very soon, there are tea and eggs in the kitchen if you're hungry.

She smiled to him, then Kreacher took her hand. They Apparated in the bathroom. Hermione pulled out her wand and pointed it at the bathtub.

- Aguamenti.

Water filled the bathtub and she warmed it with a spell.

- Do you need anything else ? asked Kreacher.

- No, you can go. Tell Fred that I won't make him wait long, please.

The elf left the room, so she got undressed and entered the water. It was warm and comfortable, but she tried to be quick. She dried herself, get dressed and get out of the room. She wanted to take the staircase but she fell just before the first step. She sat there and cried in her hands.

- Mione ? called Fred. I heard a noise, how are you ?

- I'm...I'm fine !

Fred climbed the staircase and stood in front of her.

- So, what's wrong ? he asked.

- I...I can't take this anymore, my legs are like cotton...I'm fed up with this !

He kindly smiled to her and took her into his strong arms. Once that they were downstairs, he laid her down on the sofa and disappeared in the kitchen. He came back a few minutes later with two cups of tea.

- Here you are, he said, holding out her cup to Hermione.

- Thank you...

She drank a bit, then wrapped herself in her blanket.

- Are you okay ?

- Yes, I'm just cold.

Fred didn't need any other word. He wrapped her in his arms and got their heads closer.

- Better ?

- Er...y...yes.

He looked at her in the eyes : she had very beautiful brown eyes, but they weren't like they usually were. Hermione had huge rings under her sad eyes. Fred slowly put his hand on her cheek, where a tear had rolled earlier. He looked at her lips, then came back to her eyes. She was so beautiful. He got closer again, and softly put his lips on hers. He started to move them, and he smiled when Hermione took his hand. When their kiss ended, they looked at each other and laughed a bit.

Hermione vas sleeping on Fred's lap when Harry came back from the Burrow. Fred heard him enter, but he didn't move. Hermione's best friend sat in the armchair in front of them and smiled.

- Fred, he muttered. You'll take care of her, won't you ?

- Of course I will. I've been waiting for her for one year, and I've almost lost her yesterday. I won't let her down.