1.

The war was really horrible, and Hermione Granger didn't know where to look in this huge castle which was being attacked by Voldemort. Her two best friends were running near her when they saw Fred, George and Percy.

  - Hello Minister ! he yelled at the Death Eater he was fighting.

  The rest of his words disappeared in the noise of the war. Ron was in chock : their brother, who had betrayed them, was fighting with them. After Ron realized that, they joined them to help.

  Hermione had understood what spell this awful Death Eater was going to cast, she had seen his underhand look. She turned round and saw who he was aiming at : Fred Weasley, her best friend's brother. She imagined what consequences his death would have : the void in Molly's heart, the excruciating pain of George, Ginny's fall,... So, madly, she irrupted in front of Fred and pulled out her wand.

  - Protego ! she shouted.

  Hermione had always been a brilliant student, in every subject, so a simple protecting charm shouldn't have been a problem. But she casted it hastily, so it didn't went the way she expected it to go. They were protected, but not enough. Most of the explosion's debris were pushed away by her magical shield, but a bigger rock than the others went through it and crashed into her violently.

  Hermione fell on the floor, just in front of the red-haired boy, who hadn't really understood what had just happened. She felt warm blood pouring down her neck. Where did the blood come from ? She didn't have a clue, but she didn't care. She was feeling as light as a feather and as weighty as the rock at the same time. Her eyes were locked on the ceiling above her. She guessed that some unforgivable curses were going around her motionless body.

  Suddenly, the lightning bolts disappeared, and silence fell on the place. Fred, still chocked, approached Hermione and leaned over his savior. He took her in his arms and brought her to the Great Hall, where Mrs Pomfrey would take care of her. Hermione was swaying slowly, her eyes closed. She just wanted to fall asleep quickly.

  - Mione ? Mione, are you okay ? Mione, answer, Fred nearly supplied to her.

  Obviously, she didn't answer, but they fast arrived in the Great Hall. He walked towards his family, looking sad and overwhelmed. Percy, Ron, George and Harry were following him. He put Hermione on the floor and his little sister Ginny swooped on her.

  - Fred, please tell me that she isn't... I beg you, don't tell me that she's...

  The girl was crying.

  - I...I don't know, Gin', she doesn't answer when I talk to her but...I think she's just unconscious. She'll get up. She has to, he answered slowly.

  Mrs Pomfrey, who was healing injured people, came near the group and stopped with sadness on his face.

  - Merlin's beard, is she...?

  Fred and Ginny shook their heads to say no. She took care of Hermione : she took her pulse and she gave her a potion. These few minutes seemed to last hours, but she finally gave a motherly look to Ginny and Hermione.

  - She'll live if she want to, she said calmly. It's all in her hands now. I can't promise she'll wake up, but it's actually going well.

  She smiled and then ran to heal the others. Fred stayed here, his hand holding Hermione's and his mother's caressing his back. Nobody said a word, even Harry and Ron. The silence was heavy and Fred mildly approached his mother, still holding Hermione. Molly didn't need words to understood the needs of his son, and she gave him a hug.

  - Mom...he started with difficulty. Hermione, Mione, she...she saved my life.