"Damn, you scuffed my fresh J's, yo'."

Her eyes immidiently opened at the realization that the person she ran into was still there. Blinking uncontrollably, she began to question what if he was the one who was chasing her all along. She could be directly two feet away from someone possibly trying to murder her. Not knowing exactly what to do, she jumped up to her feet and began to run past the man, but he quickly and unexpectedly grasped her wrists.

"No! Let me go!" She screamed from the top of her lungs while tugging her arms away. "Help! SOMEBODY HELP!"

The male shoved her against a brick wall, using one dangerously strong hand to pin her wrists above her head, as his other held her cheeks roughly between his fingers causing Kellan's panic screams to come out as a horse whimper.

"Girl, if you don't cut that shit out," he growled menacingly, only inches from her face. She struggled to get out of his grip, and failed.

With her mind scrambled of thoughts with shock and fear, the first thing she noticed of this stranger was the tattoos completely covering his neck. The dark ink contrasting with his light, smooth skin, giving him a rugged look. If his grip on her didn't scare her enough, his dangerous demeanor sent chills down her body, signalling he looked like a dangerous man— and Kellan didn't want to piss him off further more.

"Now, I don't know what possessed you to run into me, but you fucked up my shoes, and I find that highly disrespectful...Now, I'ma let you loose, but you need to chill the fuck out before you make me do something I promise I won't regret," he threatened, his expression vividly dark.

She couldn't nod due to his tight grip on her face, but she stared into his bottomless brown eyes, absorbing every word he spoke. Pinning her to the cool brick wall, she had never seen him before, and now, she would never forget his face...or those tattoos.

Kellan thought there was no point in hiding her fear as she tried her damnest to keep her teeth from rattling, so she began to control her breathing, hoping her heart would stop pounding. She was so sure she was about to shit bricks until he did exactly what he said he'd do. Once she was calm enough, he dropped his hand from her face and backed off.

With no hesitation, Kellan immediately took off running back to her car, but curiosity struck, causing her to glance back at the guy who was also curiously watching her run off. There was a certain vibe coming from him that she couldn't quite put her finger on, but now wasn't the time to try and sort it out.

With everything being exactly how she left her car— door left hanging open and all— Kellan glanced around warily before speeding off. No one was out walking the streets or any cars driving by for that matter, not on this specific street anyways, which struck to her as odd, and she knew she needed to get away..fast.

          As Kellan stood under the hot shower, water splashed against her smooth, dark skin like a gentle waterfall. She closed her eyes as her mind raced a thousand different places at once. The strange man she collided into sat heavy on her mind as she reimagined his face over and over.

The sun had set hours ago. Kellan sat in the rundown hotel room on the twin-sized bed, famished, waiting for the food she ordered from a small restaurant down the street. She knew not to get too comfortable because first thing in the morning she planned to continue her journey on driving. She wasn't going anywhere in particular, hence not having a home, but she was content with that at the moment.

As the night progressed, Kellan's food still hadn't arrived, and she began to think that her order was forgotten. Picking up the hotel phone, ready to dial the number, the small sound of the door knob being shuffled with caught Kellan's attention. She immediately stopped what she was doing and quietly placed the phone back on the hook. The wooden floors was cool to the touch under her bare feet as she slowly tip toed to look through the peephole of the shipped painted door.