Siniksik ko ang sarili ko sa kaniya, at naramdaman ang bilis ng tibok ng puso niya.

Anger.

I knew that's what he felt. He told me, way back in Baguio, that he hates to see a girl hurting because of a guy.

"I can stand seeing you love Cal, but I can't stand seeing you hurt because of him."

Bigla akong napatigil.

"I like you Kayle, I do. I didn't have the guts to say it before because I know it's Cal you wanted. I am saying this to set ourselves free, I need to let go. And I'll stay as a friend."

But before I could ask, my room's door suddenly opened.

Everything was so fast that I didn't feel how Logan lose in my hug and fell on the floor, with Cal clenching his fish above him.

"Cal!" I called out. "Stop that!" I pulled him but he was too strong and punched Logan once more.

Logan pushed Cal off him and was about to punched Cal back when I shouted. "Stop it both of you!"

Nagkatinginan sila at naramdaman ko ang tensyon.

"Gago ka!" sigaw ni Cal. "Akala ko kaibigan kita pero ano?!"

"Mas gago ka. You hurt Kayle by cheating on an unworthy girl! Nagparaya ako para sa'yo tapos ganito?!" sigaw ni Logan.

It made my tears fall once again. And that's when they realized I was there.

Lumapit sa akin si Cal, he was full of sweat, like he ran a mile away.

He hugged me, and the image of him pulling Crystal for a hug flashed in my memory again.

I pushed him away. "Stay away from me! I don't want you!" I shouted.

"Doll I'm s---."

"I hate you! Just, get out of here!"

I saw pain in his eyes, he was about to cry. I saw how his eyes pleaded for me to take back my words. But no. I won't.

He slowly turned his back and walked away from me.

Logan and I are left.

"Logan," I turned to him.

"I understand," he says. "Just call me when you need me."

And with that, he walked out of my room.

I shut the door close.

I slumped myself in my bed and called Cielo. I feel so alone, so lost.

I cried again, and again.

After a few minutes, Cielo walked in and immediately closed the door.

"Sis!" she ran towards me.

"Anong nangyari?!" she asked.

And I told her everything.

"I trusted Crystal, Ciel. I trusted them. I trusted him," I said in between my sobs.

"Sshh," she said.

"Pero ba't ganun? Sinaktan nila ako. Sinaktan niya ako," nanghihina kong sabi.

I didn't know what else to say, I just hugged Cielo back and found comfort between us.

But of course, I mentioned on how Logan confessed to me.

***

Nagising ako and it's already late.

"8 pm," my clock says.

I rubbed my eyes. Nakatulog na siguro ako kakaiyak.

I got up from my bed and realized I was absent the whole day, great.

Napagdesisyunan kong bumaba muna para kumain pagkatapos tawagan si Cielo.

Pagbukas ko ng pinto ng kwarto, nagulat ako nang makita si Cal na nakaupo sa tabi nito.

"Cal?"

Agad siyang tumayo pero lumaya ako sa kaniya bago pa man niya ako mayakap.

"Anong ginagawa mo dito?" naiinis kong tanong.

"Doll," mahina niyan sabi. "Pag-usapan naman natin 'to."

I turned my back on him and went straight inside.

He followed me.

I decided to listen to his explanation but it doesn't mean we'll be fine, not that fast.

"I don't know where to start bu---."

"Why did you lie to me?" I asked him, as I stare outside my window.

"Because I was about to surprise you," he says.

I remained silent, which means he has to speak out first.

"I hugged her on purpose. I knew you were there. It was an act."

I looked at him confused. "What?"

He walked closer at lumapit sa akin.

"Our monthsary is two days away. I was planning for you to get mad at me until that day so I planned that, and Crystal got along with it. But I didn't expect it to turn out the way it is now. I heard how Logan confessed to you."

Napatigil ako. "It wasn't his fault."

"I know," he said. "I'm sorry, doll. I didn't mean to hurt you so much. Please forgive me. You know I love you. I do, so much."

He hugged me.

I hugged him back.

"Please don't do it again."

He buried his face on my shoulders. "I won't. I won't hurt you again. I can't promise that but I swear I won't ever leave."

I sighed. It still hurts.

But love heals.

"I understand. But I hope Crystal didn't take it the wrong way," I said.

He nod. "No, of course."

I told him I'll take a bath first and we'll eat dinner together.

After eating, we went to the rooftop.

"Doll."

"Hmm?"

"Logan likes you."

"I know," I said.

He looked worried.

"I'm sorry it ruined your friendship," I said.

He shook his head. "Not your fault."

"I hope you two can talk and reconcile," I sighed.

He hugged me. "We will, I promise. And everything will be fine."

"Logan is a good person, after all," I said and hugged him back.

In love, it isn't always easy. Someone will always get hurt. But what's important is that, love may hurt, but still, it heals.

Just like how Cal healed my earlier wounds. And how another girl will heal Logan's heart.

--