Lachlan looks on with slight concern as I approach him and grab onto his forearm. I close my eyes and picture outside, just in front of the doorway. Again a splitting pain tears through my head, but a second later I'm standing in front of the door. And Lachlan is beside me.

     "Ouch, that stung." He comments, rubbing his temples.
     "Yeah but this could potentially be life saving... If I'm in contact with someone then I can teleport them with me!" I beam.
     "That is a good point... If one of us got trapped again, or hurt and needed to escape, you could get us out of there fast.
     "Exactly."
     "Ten outta ten thinking there Vikk, we'll have to keep that in mind."
"Don't you mean eight outta eight?"
"Nah, ten outta ten... Would teleport again."
"Would you now?"

Before Lachlan can blurt out another word I lurch forward and teleport us once again, this time to the second floor of our house.

"You jag. That hurt." Lachlan pouts.
"Well... You did say you'd do it again." I point out smugly, walking away to put away my sword.
"TAHT DOESN'T MEAN I WANTED TO IT AT THAT MOMENT." He retorts, only causing me to laugh.

I'm about to spurt out another snarky reply when Rob bursts into the room, eyes wild. Jerome and Preston appear only a second later, both of them looking frantic.

"Guys, Mitch is gone."
"WHAT?!" Lachlan shrieks.
"WHAT DO YOU MEAN HE'S GONE?!" I shout in an equally loud tone.
Jerome nods urgently. "Mitch told me about how we were gonna leave in a couple days, and then he said he was going to tell Preston and Rob. At that time Preston was actually mining..."
"And when I went back upstairs to put away my finds I talked with Jerome. He asked me if I got the message from Mitch, but Mitch never came to see me!" Preston adds, then Rob butts in instantly after.
"Mitch did come to me before going to find Preston but when I heard Preston never got the message, I knew something was up. So Jerome, Preston, and I looked everywhere but we couldn't find him!"
"Hold up guys, Mitch said he was going out hunting. He could still be gone." Lachlan suggests, but Jerome shakes his head.
"Mitch wouldn't still be gone this close to sundown." He states firmly, pointing out the window to the darkening sky.
"Rob, you said you guys looked everywhere yes? Was Mitch's horse in the stables?" I question worriedly.
"Yeah, Arrow is still there."

I glance sideways at the section of wall containing items frames for Mitch's armour and weapons. I furrow my brow.

"Okay, I get why his weapons are gone... Because we assume he went hunting. But his armour is still here... So he obviously didn't plan on fighting anything. Although if something bad happened it's not gonna be too good for him."
"What on earth could have happened to him?" Preston debates.
"Well all I can really draw from what we know is this; After telling Jerome and Rob about the plan of action, he must have gone and retrieved his weapons, planning to go hunting after he told Preston. But then somewhere in the time frame between reaching Preston and exiting the house, either something distracted him and he strayed off... Like maybe a feeling... Or something bad happened. What that is... I can't tell. It could be a kidnapping, an ambush... Anything." I conclude, everyone mumbling their agreement.
"But," Jerome adds, "If it was a feeling there is no way he would have gone without telling us... Especially without st least getting some armour first. Which obviously he didn't."
"Fudge dude, this is no good." Rob comments.
"This is why we should always travel in at least groups of two..." Preston sighs.
"Says the person who went mining by himself." Jerome points out.
"I meant for hunting or exploring, you jerk. You could get lost or hurt and no one could help you."
"Technically the same goes for mining..."
"Shut up Rob." Preston growls, punching him lightly on the shoulder.

Lachlan, who has dropped out of the conversation for the moment, suddenly gasps.

"Guys... There's someone outside!"
"You're sure it's not just a zombie?" Jerome questions urgently, rushing to peer out the window.
Preston springs up to the window beside them. "No he's right! That is a person!"

In a bustle of commotion we dash down the stairs, almost tripping on one another, and bust through the doorway. Jerome leading the way, we all file out into the open.

For the moment the figure is shrouded in darkness, none of his or her features visible. But passing under the first glow stone lamp we see torn up and bloodied jeans, their entire upper body still shaded. Now that they are closer we can see that they are heavily limping... So much so they seem to drag one leg. The second glow stone lamp lights up their upper body, showing a white shirt with blotches of red, and a black and red checkered hoodie with a nasty gash along one arm. The figure, who we all start to recognize, is holding his arm tightly, the arm he's holding loosely gripping a bow. The distance between us and him shortens, and we can now hear his ragged breath. And finally as he steps into the circle of light emitted by the torches, the bruised and worn out face of Mitch is visible in the glow.

"He... Lp..."

And without a moments warning Mitch's steps falter, his eyes flutter, and he's collapsing forwards. Jerome leaps forward and catches Mitch right before he hits the ground.

"GET HIM INSIDE, NOW." I bark, panic flooding my mind.

But as the others drag Mitch along, I notice something peculiar. His amulet is gone...

~~~

NOTE if I say amulet I'm referring to his necklace (or dog tags as some may call them) so don't be confused lol